Pleading

Pleading

            Hours turned into days turned into weeks and there was no word or sign of Chris. I was going out of my mind. Where was he? Why couldn’t I have saved him? Why couldn’t I find him? I cried every day and George and his family were having a hell of a time trying to cheer me up and find Chris. Charlie and Selena cancelled their honeymoon to help and I felt bad. It was all my fault. I hated that this was happening to this family. If I had just stayed away, they would’ve been happy. And Chris would’ve been safe with me. I was a horrible person and a horrible mother.

            It was Sunday May fifteenth, though, when I woke up to an owl outside my window at the Burrow with a letter from Draco. It said he wanted to meet to talk about Chris. I instantly started getting dressed and George came in not even a second later. “Claire, what are you doing?” He asked curiously.

            “Draco wants to meet.” I told him as I got my shirt on. “I have to go.”

            “Claire, no. It could be a trap to get you too. Let me go.” He said.

            I shook my head. “No. He said I had to come and I had to come alone.”

            “And if it’s a trap?”

            “Then it’s a trap.” I took his hands. “George, I have to go. Even if it is a trap… It’s Chris. He’s my son. I have to in cause this isn’t. In case this is us getting him back.”

            “But you won’t let me go with you.”

            “If you come, Draco will be mad. Just please… If I’m not home tonight without any word, come looking for me. But I’ll be back. I promise.” I kissed his cheek before letting him go and grabbing my wand, looking at the address on the letter. “I love you.” I said before apparating out of the Burrow.

            I was in a living room in a beach house. The smell of sea water filled the room and I looked around. As I turned, Draco appeared in the doorway and he pointed to the couch. “Sit.” He instructed and I sat down.

            He joined me and I said, “Where’s Chris?”

            “Somewhere. Just listen and you can see him.” He said and I nodded. “I want full custody of Chris.”

            “What?!” I screamed and stood up. “No!”

            He stood. “He is the first born! He gets everything and he needs to be a Malfoy.”

            “He needs to be with his mother! I don’t want him to have your life! I want him to be who he wants to be! Not who you force him to be!”

            “He doesn’t have a choice!”

            “Yes he does!”

            “Mummy!” Chris yelled and came running into the room.

            Relief filled my body and I scooped him up into my arms, holding him close. My boy. He was okay. Tears filled my eyes and I started crying with joy before looking at Draco. “Draco, please. Please let me having him. You have another son. He can have everything and he’ll be happier. Please. For Chris. Do this this for him.” I begged.

            There was a long silence between the three of us. Draco was just staring at Chris and I and I was holding Chris as tight as I could. Finally, he said, “Fine. I’ll send your things tonight along with the papers to make him yours. He gets nothing from me. Ever.”

            I sighed with relief and nodded. “Okay. Yes. Okay.” I grinned and kissed Chris’s head. “Thank you, Draco.”

            “Whatever. Just go.” He said and sat down.

            I apparated out of the beach house and back to the Burrow. George stood up and a smile appeared on his face when he saw me with Chris. “I get him. I get custody.” I said happily as George hugged us. “We can be a family now.” I sighed and closed my eyes happily.

***

            Everything after that day was perfect. George and I got married and had two children of our own we named Fred II and Jessica (which George wanted since she was the one who got us together). We magically increased the size of the flat above the shop and that’s where we lived for the rest of our lives. Chris got the Weasley name when George adopted him and we rarely ever saw Malfoy or his family. But ironically, Chris and Scorpius became friends when they got to school. We let them be friends, though, and that caused us to see Draco more. But that was okay by then. We were happy, all of us, and that’s all that matter.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last chapter and end of the series! I hope you liked it and I'm sorry for the short notice of it ending but I wanted to start something new. Look for something new hopefully by the end of this week. There will be a fanfiction and possibly an original story I'll be working on. Please fan, comment, and vote!