Telling Padma

Telling Padma

            I was standing over a baby’s crib with a smile on my face as I stared down at a beautiful baby boy. He had bright blue eyes and beautiful blonde hair. He was the cutest baby I had ever seen in my life. I felt someone walk up behind me and they planted a kiss on my shoulder. They then stood by me and a male voice said, “We made a beautiful baby.”

            I smiled up at Draco Malfoy and nodded. “That we did.”

            I gasped as I woke up Sunday morning and took several deep breaths. I couldn’t believe I had that dream. More like a nightmare. I looked next to me and saw George wasn’t there yet again so I let the tears roll down my cheek. I tried to muffle my sobs but I knew it didn’t work when the bedroom door opened and he came in. “Claire, what’s wrong?” He asked and sat down on the bed; touching my arm.

            “N-nothing.” I mumbled as I cried and tried to compose myself.

            “There is too something wrong. What is it, Love?”

            I took a deep breath. “I just had a bad dream is all.”

            “What was it about?”

            “Just a nightmare.” I said and wiped my tears away. “I can’t remember now.” I faked a smile and sat up. “What are you doing?”

            “I was making you breakfast.” He looked into my eyes. “Come see. It’ll cheer you up.” He smiled and took my hand. We went out into the living room and he led the way to the dining table where I saw pancakes in the shape of baby related things. There were bottles and baby rattles and other baby things and tears filled my eyes again. “It took me a while to make these. I thought you’d like them.”

            I nodded and said, “I do.” I kissed his lips. “It’s amazing, George.”

            He smiled. “I’m glad you like it.” He kissed me again and we sat down to eat.

            We ate in silence and I started thinking about telling George my secret. But then again he made me this amazing breakfast and I didn’t want to ruin it. But I had to tell someone. It was eating me up inside. I was going to tell Padma. She would understand; I hoped. After I finished eating and got dressed, I told George I was going to see Padma and used the Floo Network to get to her flat. She was reading on the couch when I hit the floor and she quickly stood up.

            “Claire! Are you ok?” She asked as she helped me up.

            “I’m fine.” I told her. “I’m always clumsy with the Floo Network.” I smiled and hugged her. “I need to tell you something.”

            Her eyes widened. “Is this the reason why you’ve been upset lately?” She asked.

            I sighed and nodded. “Yeah.”

            She had us set down and she said, “Ok. Tell me.” She looked into my eyes.

            I took a deep breath and said, “I don’t know who’s the father of my baby is.”

            “What?” She asked with shock in her voice.

            I explained everything to her. Having sex with George and Draco forcing me and now not knowing. She hugged me tight and said, “I’m sure it’s George’s, Claire.” She looked into my eyes. “But you should tell him.”

            I shook my head. “I can’t. It’ll break his heart. And then he’ll worry about it and when I give birth, what if it’s his and I had him worry for nothing. I can’t do that to him.”

            She sighed. “Ok. But he should still know. You can tell him when you want though.” She hugged me again. “I won’t tell anyone.”

            “Thank you, Padma.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Short but hope you like it! Dedicated to Aloe!!