Pearl x Injured! Reader

Nonchalant Pain

~ requested by ArmySunFlower~

Your POV:

I hummed as I moved around my small kitchen, grabbing things for my lunch. Pearl, my girlfriend, was over right now and was currently watching as I 'gracefully' moved around the kitchen. I saw her smiling as she watched me which caused a light blush to rise onto my cheeks.

Once I had everything, I started filling my tea kettle with water and placed it on the stove, waiting for it to heat up. As I was waiting, I started to make a generic sandwich. Y'know, bread, other ingredients. The usual.

I had finished making my sandwich  when the kettle did the whistle thing. I grabbed my favorite mug and placed a tea bag in it before grabbing the kettle. I poured the water gently into the mug but.......... My hand slipped.

The kettle dropped the floor as the water splashed upwards and landed on my upper thighs. I stood there for a minute in silence, as you do, as Pearl looked on in shock, not saying anything. The pain started to finally set in (I had a high pain tolerance).

"That fucking hurts." I said in a monotone voice. Pearl rushed over to me and picked me up, carrying me to the bathroom while asking if I was okay.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay! Why did you drop the kettle? Are you in pain?" Pearl fretted. She set me down on the sink counter in the bathroom before grabbing the first aid kit I kept in here.

"I'm okay, it was an accident, and no, not really." I responded. She started grabbing things from the toolbox as she frantically tried to help with my new burn marks. I was touched that she was this worried about me, but I was also worried about her worrying this much about me.

Once she was done, she picked me up again and carried me to my living room. She set me down on the couch and started cleaning up the mess in the kitchen.

Around 10 minutes later, she came out with my tea, and my delicious sandwich. "Thanks Pearl! For treating my burn and bringing me my food. " I smiled at her gratefully as she sat down beside me. I started eating as she looked on with worry.

"Pearl, I'm fine. It's just a small burn. I'm not seriously hurt, really. " I told her. She looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"But it's not fine. You just let it happen! After it did happen, you didn't even react! I thought the hot water had severaly damaged your nerves or something!" She replied. She grabbed ahold of my hand and held it tightly. I sighed and pulled her in for a side hug.

"I'm sorry, Pearl. I didn't mean to scare you at all. I didn't really react to it because I'm a dumbass to be honest." I let out a soft laugh. "I didn't really react to the pain because my pain tolerance is so high. Probably because of a sudden adrenaline rush as well" I explained softly.

".... I see. Just be more careful next time. I don't want to see you hurt, (Y/N)" She softly responded. I smiled and gently kissed her.

"I'll try to be more careful then. I wouldn't want to worry my strong, amazing, beautiful girlfriend. " She smiled and nodded, gently hugging me. "I love you Pearl."

"I love you too, (Y/N). Even if you can be...... Dumb sometimes. " I laughed lightly and pulled her closer, determined to make this night a one to remember.

Time to cuddle until the world ends.

--------------------
(Edited)