Jasper x Shy!Gem!Reader

------------------------------
Hi! Long time, no update. I started writing this oneshot for the Steven Universe Future Finale so just ignore the inconsistency in this and the show. I hope you like this oneshot and please let me know if there are any mistakes in my writing. (spelling mostly).
Have fun Reading!
------------------------------

(Y/G) = Your Gem

Stubborn Gem

~requested by Newbie2008~

Your POV:

I stood next to Garnet quietly, well, that’s a false statement. I was almost cowering behind her, wringing my hands together nervously. I’ve been with the Crystal Gems for a long time, believe it or not. I was Pink Diamond's advisor, so I came to Earth with her and Pearl.

Pearl and I used to be close, but we drifted after she fell in love with Pink. I liked, no, I loved her and she didn’t love me back. It hurt a lot, and we drifted as friends, almost becoming strangers. I soon got over the rejection after Garnet joined our team.

Garnet and I became very close as the years went by, we were basically joined at the hip. We confided in each other, and I got close to Ruby and Sapphire too. We were family, and we were always there for each other.

But things were different now. Steven helped establish peace within Homeworld, and gems from all places came to live in peace on Earth. Steven suggested that I help gems adjust to life on Earth and I agreed. Despite the Crystal Gems warnings, I decided to start with Jasper as I understand her pain and inner turmoil.

Garnet patted me on the shoulder and I slowly stepped into Jasper’s ‘Territory’. Everything here was dead and barren now, she had ripped all the life away. Garnet left with a small reassuring smile and I was left standing there nervously.

“Um… hello? Jasper…. a-are you here…?” My hands fidgeted nervously in front of me as I stepped further into the dead land. My eyes moved around in anxiousness, pausing all movements when I saw something moving in Jasper’s home. “Um… J-Jasper…? I…. um….. I want t-to talk to you…..” I heard a growl and something shot out of the stack of boulders.

I yelped and formed my weapon, holding it in front of me defensively. I closed my eyes tightly in fear as a large shadow fell over my form. I opened my eyes slowly and was met with the large chest of an orange figure. My eyes slowly drifted upward and locked with the cat-like, yellow eyes of Jasper. Her gem gleamed in the sunlight as she glared at me.

I shrunk into myself even further and let my weapon disappear into thin air. She picked me up by the back of my shirt and lifted me up to her face. “What do you want, (Y/G)?” she said with disdain. I wrung my hands together as I quickly came up with a response.

“I… um…. I-I want to t-talk to you…. I-I just…. Want t-to help you….” I stuttered. Her look hardened and her glare intensified, making me flinch.

“Why would I ever want your help? You’re just a puny (Y/G), not even worthy of being in my presence!” She threw me to the ground and started to walk away. “I don’t need your worthless, fucking pity”, she finished.

I slowly sat up and moved into a relaxed sitting position. “I-I don’t pity you…. I just w-want to help you. I-I understand your p-pain…. I-I’m not leaving until I h-help you…” I stared down at my hands nervously as Jasper halted in her tracks.

“Why are you doing this? Did Steven put you up to this?” she growled. I shook my head no.

“Steven suggested th-that I help gems a-adjust to life o-on Earth…. I-I wanted t-to help you first, because I-I understand what y-you’re going th-through…..” I looked away. “I-I really just w-want to help you… I promise….” Jasper’s eyes widened.

I was known to rarely make promises, unless I seriously meant something. I became known for that on Homeworld when I still served Pink Diamond. She looked back at me, hesitance present in her eyes.

“You promised….. You never make promises…..”

“I-I only promise when I-I mean it….” I mumbled. I could see something swimming in her yellow orbs, but the look quickly disappeared as her gaze hardened again. She growled and stomped away. I sighed and got comfortable, repairing for days of sitting and utter boredom. 

-Timeskip-

My body was soaking wet. It was storming and it was storming hard. I knew it would continue for a few more hours at the least. I sighed as Jasper moved around her home. She had tried to get me to leave multiple times, but I refused. I felt Jasper’s gaze on me as I simply sat there. I looked up and my gaze met hers. Her cat-like, amber eyes were almost glowing. I shyly smiled at her and she stepped outside slowly.

“You’re not giving up, are you….?”

I held gazes with her for a few moments before shaking my head no. She stood there for a minute, gazing at me as she contemplated something. She sighed and walked over to me and I gazed at her in confusion. SHe bent down and lifted me up suddenly, tucking me under her arm. She walked back to her home, refusing to look at me as she did so.

She set me down and I watched her grab some dry wood before setting them in a careful pile. My confusion dragged on even further as she grabbed some tinder before starting a small fire. Once she deemed the task she set out to do was finished, she sat down next to me.

“U-um…. Wha--?”

Don’t say anything, (Y/G)”, she interrupted. “You proved that you intend to keep your promise, and I am willing to try….” Her eyes gazed at the crackling fire, her eyebrows slightly creased in what seemed to be stubbornness. 

“O-Okay…. We can s-start whenever you w-want, but I-I would like to rest a-a bit first…..” I stuttered.

“Tch…. whatever…. Just rest, runt…”

I nodded lightly and curled up, resting my head on Jasper’s strong thigh. I closed my eyes and my mind drifted, slowly falling into a peaceful slumber. The last thing I felt before falling asleep was Jasper pulling me closer and holding me in her strong arms. Her warmth surrounded me in a pleasant way that I had never felt before.

I felt her lips linger on my forehead after what seemed to be a soft and gentle kiss.

‘I guess I can learn to love again….’

--------------------

(Unedited)