Teen! Steven x Depressed! Reader

------------------------------
THIS ONESHOT DEALS WITH SUICIDAL THEMES AND DEATH. IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THESE THEMES, PLEASE SKIP THIS ONESHOT.
------------------------------

(F/T) = Favorite Tea

Second Thoughts, Second Life

~ requested by akumacoolcat ~

Your POV:

    I sighed, setting the letter I wrote on my desk. I was actually going to do it. I was going to jump, and I was gonna be happy about it. I exited the house, locking the door behind me. No one would care that I was gone.

    My parents were abusive, I had no friends, no one knew of my existence and no one cared enough to learn about me. Everything would be better after I die. No more pain. It sounds absolutely fantastic. I walked down the street silently, my brain on autopilot as everything went blank. I exited the boardwalk area, heading towards the lighthouse as I scratched at my arms, anxiousness crawling through my veins. I stood on the edge of the hill, looking down at the ground below silently.

    I sighed and turned around, facing Beach City as my body tilted back and my feet lifted off the ground. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as I fell to the ground below. I saw tears leave my eyes as I smiled in happiness.

    After what seemed like ages, I felt my body hit the sandy ground. I gasped in pain, my neck and most of my back was most definitely broken or even shattered. I felt blood escape the corners of my mouth as my vision went hazy. ‘I could finally be free’ I thought. Everything numbed and went dark, my eyes closing in content as my body went limp.

Steven’s POV:

    I hummed as I exited the house, happy with my day so far. I wanted to take a walk along the beach just to get out of the house. I looked at the Ocean as I walked, smiling happily. I looked over at the giant hill that I lived under, smiling at the beautiful structure engraved into its side.

    As I admired my home, something caught my eye over in the sand. I walked over to the red and black object, quickly realizing that it was human, a hurt one. I ran over to them, kneeling down next to them as my eyes trailed over their mangled body. I checked for a pulse… nothing. I checked for breathing… nothing. The blood hadn’t dried which means it happened rather recently. A new hope entered my chest once realizing that I could still save them. I forced myself to cry, but it really wasn’t that hard in the first place. It was obvious this person had committed suicide.

    A couple of tears fell onto the person’s face as I wept. They sparkled as the tears soaked into their skin, a soft pink glow surrounding their body. I watched as their injuries healed as well as their skin and hair turning a light pink. I sat back and waited as the person eventually regained consciousness and groaned as the light hit their eyes. 

    They sat up and looked around in confusion before tears started to roll down their face at a rapid rate. “W-why… w-why am I-I still alive? I-I’m not supposed t-to be here…” They looked down at their hands and then frowned in blatant confusion. “Why am I f-fucking pink…?” They questioned. I cleared my throat lightly and she looked over at me.

    “I think I can clarify some things for you.”

Your POV:

    I stared at the boy in shock. He was smiling as I looked at him. “Let’s get you inside, I’ll explain everything there.” he stood up and offered his hand out to me, which I hesitantly grabbed. He gently pulled me off of the sand before leading me to a rather large beach house, leading me inside.

    He sat me down on the couch and went to the connected kitchen. He started to make some tea. The distinct smell told me it was (F/T), my favorite. As the tea finished brewing, he grabbed a pillow and blanket before walking over to me. He handed me the pillow which I promptly hugged as he draped the soft blanket over my shoulders.

    He scuffled over to the kitchen and grabbed the cup of tea he made and set it down on the coffee table placed in front of the couch. He sat down next to me and turned to face me as he started to speak.

    “So… hi. I’m Steven Universe and I basically revived you” he paraphrased.

    “So… you’re saying you revived me after I fell at least 100 feet off of a cliff.” I gazed at him, a look of suspicion visible in my eyes.

    He sighed and gazed at me, a bead of sweat running down his face. “This is gonna take a while to explain…”

-Timeskip-

I sipped on my tea silently as the boy, Steven Universe, finished explaining everything. Everything he presented added up so, despite everything, I believed him. Steven revived me after I tried committing suicide. I set my mug down on the coffee table, my tea finished as my mind finished processing all the information I had just been informed of.

“Thank you for reviving me Steven, but next time, please don’t.” He looked at me in utter shock, astoundingly confused. “Listen, my home-life is shitty, my life is shitty, everything that has to do with me is shitty. No one cares about me and I am done dealing with life and the utter bullshit it decides to throw at me. Now that I’ve been revived, I’m gonna live a long time, possibly forever. I can’t deal with that, life is long enough already as it is.”

“I would care that you were gone. I wanna help you, (Y/N). if you have a bad home-life, then you can move in with me and the gems” he offered, Steven kindly smiled at me as tears welled in my eyes. This could be my chance to finally live somewhere better.

For the first time in forever, I could be happy again. I sighed and looked at Steven, a small smile gracing my lips for the first time in years.

“I guess I’m your new roomie then, Steven Universe.”

--------------------
(Edited)