CHAPTER FOUR

KADENCE PETROV

It was about twelve at night. Twelve o’ seven to be exact. Carter would be coming over soon. I was excited, and this is something that does not happen often. I showered and got dressed. I put on my red plaid pajama pants and a white tank top with my wool sweater on top. My room had air conditioning and I texted Carter earlier telling him to wear warm pajamas, too. I liked it cold. My mom was already fast asleep. I decided that the movie would be best watched with cheap wine, popcorn and cigarettes. I knew this wasn’t tasteful at all, but at the same time, I didn’t really care. Carter seemed like a nice kid, but I wasn’t trying to impress him. My life was complicated enough and all I needed was a friend right now. Car was gorgeous, no doubt about that. His shaggy perfectly framed his face and his chest looked so hard and defined. I wondered what the night would come to.

CARTER WHITE

Since Kade had told me to wear warm pajamas, I put on my dark green pajama pants and a white t-shirt. I waited near the clock for a few minutes, completely prepared. I wanted to be there right on time, I wanted the night to last as long as possible. 

The night was warm and pleasant and the wind blew my hair into a mess as I climbed over the railing serpsrating our balconies. I looked through the window in the door to her room. She was reaching for a dvd that was out of her reach. As she reached higher, still missing, I crept into her room and came up behind her, reaching up and putting my hand on top of the dvd with no sweat at all. She turned with a smile and we were face to face, inches away from each other. She took the dvd from my hands.

“Thank you,” she said with a smile.

“No problem. It was cute watching you try to reach it,” I said with a laugh.

She shook her head and ushered me to the chairs in front of her computer desk. There was a bowl of popcorn, a pack of cigarettes and a lighter and two empty glasses sitting on the desk. We both sat down and she put the movie in. As the beginning previews came up, she turned to me and pulled out a bottle of wine from the drawer in her desk. 

“Now, I know that this is technically illegal. But, we are reasonably young,” she said smirking at me. Her lips looked soft in the dim light. I took the bottle from her and opened it, pouring small amounts into the glasses on the table. I handed her the glass and she replied with a thank you. And there we sat, smoking and drinking wine, watching Cruel Intentions. Exactly as she said. For some reason, I was expecting something else. I would sneak looks at her every few minutes, but she watched the movie intently.

The movie was very sexual, to say the least. Sebastian and Katherine, the main characters, were step brother and sister. They were both pretty twisted. One was a crack head and the other was a player. And I say this is in the most tasteful way possible. 

“This is my favorite scene,” Kadence whispered, sipping from her wine glass and pouring herself more.

I turned back to the screen. Sebastian was leaning over Katherine as she licked and bit at his neck. The look of lust in their eyes are incredibly clear. I found myself thinking about Kadence and how her lips would feel on mine. I pushed the thought away. What if she didn’t want me? I turned to her and she was looking right at me, just as she had at the café. She had been watching me lick and bite my lips while I thought about her. I wondered if she read my mind, if she knew that I had been thinking very dirty thoughts. But she just smiled. The movie ended soon and we just hung out, talking. It was nice. We lied down on her bad and read books till four in the morning, when we both fell asleep. At around five am, I awoke to find the bed empty. I got up and decided to look for Kade. The door to her room was open and I walked out slowly. The kitchen light was on and I could see Kade sitting on the counter smoking a cigarette. She was no longer wearing her pajamas, but just that wool sweater, nothing more. It came up just above her knees and I could see those silky brown legs in the light of the kitchen. I walked in and stood in front of her. She did not say a word, she just looked at me. I looked into her eyes again. Forest green or navy blue? The thought was killing me. 

“What color are your eyes, Kadence?”

“What color do you think they are?” she replied.

I came closer to her, now between her legs. I ran my hands up her knees and her thighs. As I came closer she did not flinch or move. Her skin was hot and smooth under my fingers. My face was now only inches from hers. 

“Are they navy blue?” I asked, now whispering.

She nodded yes. I looked into her eyes again, my hands still on her thighs. I leaned closer into her as she took another pull from her cigarette. She warped her arms around my neck, the smoke still in her lungs, and brought her lips dangerously close to mine. She blew the smoke out and I sucked it in, blowing it out in another direction. Our lips were so close, but not touching, my nose caressing hers. Finally, I couldn’t take much more. I leaned in, about to feel those sweet lips when a noise came from her living room.

“Kade?” a womans voice said.

“Shit, it’s my mom,” she whispered, a panicked expression plastered on her face.