ACT II : PART V

THE END?

Sam arrived at the station after taking two days off to resurrect himself. He had decided after destroying half his furniture and crying about spilling a drink, it would be best to go back to work to get his mind off of things. Yates had sent Sam a memory card of the photos to taunt him but Samuel had promptly destroyed it in an emotional outburst.

He came in like a zombie. Completely numb. His eyes were red and he was wearing one of his sisters old hoodies. She was still in rural Thailand, not that he would confide in her but he still felt like he needed to see or feel her in some way.

Sam had entered to Mr Hudson packing up his desk into a box. "Hey Mason!" After that night he had made a point to call him Mason. "Alpha two left the country so our operations been disbanded. They said you might be getting a full promotion to a lead detective position." Sam dropped his phone. "I know pretty cool." He said, misinterpreting his actions. Daniel had left.
Without him.
He shouldn't have expected him to stay. What Samuel had done was unforgivable. But if he hadn't have done it then Daniel would have been killed. He kept having to remind himself. People in the ranks changed except if they were an Alpha. If Alpha one wanted one gone then they were killed and Samuel was very aware of that. The thought of him out there in the world doing something reckless and meeting another potential lover made Sam's stomach churn.

Yates appeared next to him. "Seems like a good ending doesn't it?" He said cheerfully. "I need to talk to you in my office." He said referring to the Chiefs office. Sam dragged himself in there and slammed the door behind him. "Your not getting a promotion." At this point Sam didn't care. It was just another slap to the face and Yates knew it. "And I'm going to make sure you never do because, well your decisions so far haven't been very Sherlock Holmes." He joked, laughing at himself. "Your a sick bastard." Sam said bluntly, causing Yates to almost choke. "I still have those pictures! So speak to me like your superior.... don't forget, your the reason I'm here. I should thank you." He dragged his eyes up and down him. "But I couldn't thank such filth." Sam smirked at this. "Your the one who wanted to sleep with such filth." He spat. Yates smiled. "Still dream about it?" With that Sam left. Disgusted shivers running down his spine.

Hughes was at his desk packing his things into boxes. "It's time to come back Samuel. It's time for this to be over." Sam let in a shaking breath. "Is he really gone?" He whispered. Hughes continued packing. "He is."

Note: ); I did not enjoy writing these last two chapters but please just hang in there (:

Vote | Comment | Follow