ACT II : PART I

AN OBSESSION

Daniel~

"How about tonight?"
1:24

"But I'm tireddddd!"
1:24

"Massage, my house."
1:25

"Idk where you live."
1:26

"Good"
1:26

"Danniellllll"
1:26

"Sushi?"
1:27

"I get off at 6 but you can't pick me up."
1:28

"Ha get off"
"I'll pick you up if I wanna pick you up."
1.29

"You"
1:29

"Samuel?" Hugh asked. Sam dropped his phone. "You've been awfully secretive with that thing lately, and damn near obsessed... you want to talk about something?" Samuel gulps. "It's fine- I mean, how's the case going?" He stuttered. Hughes looked at him with his ex ray eyes. "Well we don't really take these cases but since it's your in tell we have to watch it go down. Swat will come in the left and I'll make the arrest. You come down to the station and write up the reports." He explained. Sam nodded.

They waited for the Chisaka people to show up. They had their flight information they were now waiting to infiltrate their hotel room. Swat arrived and went straight in. Hugh came in after them and arrested them one by one. Sam, coming in behind him, looked in the briefcase and found the drugs. "He was telling the truth." He muttered. He was about to tag it for evidence and tell Hughes but he heard someone in the corridor.

A second later Yates came bursting through the door. "My jurisdiction!" He yelled with a group of forensics people. They took the case from Sam's hands much to his dismay. "What are you talking about?" Hughes bellowed. Yates squared up to him. "Mason provided the in tell therefore it's my jurisdiction." Hughes glared at him. "Samuel is my partner!" He said between gritted teeth. Yates put on a smug grin. "As long as he is on my mission, he is mine." Hugh looked at him like a mad man but stood aside nevertheless. "Sam down to the station now." Yates commanded. Samuel looked to Hughes. "No!" He snapped. Yates came up and grabbed him by the collar. "You either come down to assist with the case or I take you to interrogation to find out how exactly you gained this information." Sam gulped. Yates let go and Sam, getting Hughes' nod of approval, left to the station.

Daniel~

"I'm gonna be stuck at the station all night."
4:35

"Why????"
4:40

"Officer Yates just came in and stole our case.
I don't know when I'll be home even..."
4:41

He didn't reply. Sam shoved his phone in his pocket and slammed his arm against his desk. "Damn it!"

A DATE TO REMEMBER

The week had been painful for Sam. Yates had taken credit for taking down a new drug and Samuel had had to sit there and pretend to commend him. It had been awful. All that got him through the week was knowing he would see Daniel on Friday. They were going to a more casual restaurant but Sam knew he would still come in a suit and tie. Samuel was now staring into space until he got a tap on his shoulder. It was the Chief. "My office." He commanded. Sam sat there in shock as he watched the Chief return to his office. He thought he was going to be in trouble for spacing out, or being late yesterday, or.... existing!