ACT II : PART III

SLEEPING BEAUTY

Sam woke to a mirror and the smell of expensive candles. He saw himself. He was lay out across a fluffy cream blanket over a grey king sized bed with lots of cushions decorating the top of the bed.

A small grey pillow had been placed underneath his head and a plaster had been placed on his temple, disappearing into his blonde fringe. "Will he be okay?" He heard Daniel ask. He sounded the most conserved he'd ever heard. "It's just a bump to the head, he should wake up soon." He heard an unfamiliar voice tell him. "Thanks John."
"No problem. Ring me if anything changes." The door shut but Samuel continued to stare at himself. Dan came into frame and started to stroke Samuel's hair. "Enjoying yourself?" He asked with a small smile. Samuel shuffled closer to him and looked into his eyes. "Who was that?" He asked sleepily. "John. He's Thorn's best London Doctor." He told him. "What happened." Daniel looked away nervously. "You fainted and hit your head on a desk. Your partner brung you out and put you in my car. He was nice so I let him come here. He just left actually, I told him he should get some rest." He told him softly. Sam nodded and yawned. "It's nice that you like him." Daniel smiled in response but happy ignorance couldn't last forever.

Sam sat up harshly, narrowly avoiding Daniel's head. "Yates- information- oh god!" Daniel embraces him from behind. "Shhhh it's okay. We'll sort it out." He reassured him. "Daniel the pictures-" Daniel pulled him back into his lap. "No one will see them." He stated, but this made Sam even more stressed. "You know?" Daniel looked away. "Mathew told me everything." It was weird hearing Hughes first name but Sam still felt his stomach drop. "I'm so sorry." Sam whispered. Daniel shook his head. "It's not your fault. It's that greedy cop. You don't need to worry, he won't be around for much longer." Samuel knew exactly what that meant. "You can't kill him!" He snapped. "Please, not now." Daniel tried but the tone made Samuel angry. "Not now? Daniel you may be fine killing whoever gets in your way but I am not. If you kill him I will never forgive you!" Sam told him. "It's not just your problem anymore Samuel! This is my business now, if Alpha one finds out I'm with a police officer, that I've been giving out information.... it was never meant to go this far." This hurt, it hurt deep inside Samuel. "Well I'm sorry I got in the way of your big plans." Daniel tried to take it back but Samuel turned away and wrapped himself in the blanket. "Samuel... I didn't mean that." When he didn't get a response he stood up. "Samuel you know i'm short tempered please..." nothing. "Look I get it. You don't deserve to be with a scumbag who leads an army of murders, who doesn't care about people's emotions, who doesn't care about you enough, who can't protect you from a lowlife police officer- you don't deserve me. You deserve better." He explained, his voice breaking in the process. Samuel had enough. He threw the blanket off, jumped off the bed and pushed Daniel against the wall. "Just shut up! Maybe I don't deserve you, maybe you don't deserve me- it doesn't matter because I love you and I wouldn't change you for anything!" He yelled, silent tears falling down his face. Daniel was speechless. Samuel looked into Daniel's eyes for a response, they were blurry? He was crying? But he was smiling? Daniel rested his forehead against his. "What's wrong?" Sam asked with a chuckle. Daniel shook his head and sniffled. "You said you loved me." Sam smiled. "I love you." He said again, causing Daniel to have a choked laugh/sob. They hugged. A detective of Scotland Yard held a Mafia king in his arms. A story never to be told again... probably.

GAME POINT

Daniel sat at his grand desk, hunched over pages and pages of documents with a large stamp in his hand. The room was full of important and scary people. Samuel had had to wear one of Daniel's suits to make himself look less cop like but he still felt like he stuck out like a sore thumb. Johnathan and Victoria stood either side of Danial. Then next to them were two Council's each who where looking forward at the mixed group of Falcon's, Le Caissier (tellers) and inseupegteo (인스펙터, inspectors.) because Thorn's was an international mafia the titles were named due to where most of them were from. Falcon were undercover police and Samuel definitely felt uncomfortable by some familiar faces, Le Caissier and 인스펙터 were under Alpha fore's control. Alpha fore was in control over money and ranks. Usually Falcon wouldn't be there but since they needed to make sure these people stayed in jail they had to be present.

Daniel brought down the big 'EXCOMMUNICATED' stamp down again and passed the paper to Victoria who would pass it the Council who would pass it to Le Caissier who would read out the name and put it into a database. Samuel knew Daniel was important but this, having everyone in the room hanging on every one of his breaths was eye opening. He brought the stamp down again and Sam jumped. Daniel looked up almost sensing it, then continued.

They had come to an agreement. Thorn's was going to have a spring clean. Anyone who had disobeyed a Thorn's law was being excommunicated. Yates wouldn't be able to tell the difference between someone excommunicated or not so it was perfect. This was actually part of Daniel's job yet it was always a big thing so he tended to brush it to the side.

They stayed like that for a while as Daniel made his way through form after form. Samuel had to stare at the queens guard the entire time and try to forget what he's hearing.

After what felt like an eternity Daniel passed off the last paper and looked over the room. "I am instating a clean up period from now onwards. The period will be agreed with Alpha one and it shall be final." Samuel saw people shiver at the mention of Alpha Ones name. "Understood?"
"Yes Alpha two." They all chanted back. He nodded and everyone filed out the room. Daniel stood and stretched his back. "Sheet." He called for. The last Le Caissier gave him three sheets of names and scurried away.

Daniel walked up to Samuel and took his hands. "Use this wisely." He said placing the papers in his care. Samuel smiled down at it. "Thank you so much." He exclaimed. Daniel gently pushed up his chin to look at him. "No problem. You got me to do my job so it wasn't much of a push." He smiled. Sam gave him a peck on the lips. "Lazy." He joked. Daniel smiled. "Oh really?"
"Yep." Samuel replied sneakily. "Wanna bet?" He asked, his voice dripping with suggestion. Sam stepped closer. "I bet I can carry you over my shoulder up to my bedroom... that doesn't sound lazy does it?" Sam smiled at the offer and welcomed his attentive mouth- "Sorry to ruin an intimate moment gentlemen." Victoria said, charging into the room. "Daniel your crazy." She stated, throwing documents onto his desk. Daniel pouted. "That's offensive." Vitoria sighed. "We were meant to have left over a month ago! Now you want to stay here and see this through?" Daniel shrugged. He still had a hold of Samuel's ass which was being a bit complaintive. "Your leaving?" Sam asked. Daniel glared up at Victoria but she just turned around to tidy up.

"No. Not without you, ever. I promise." Sam smiled but was still confused. "So we're leaving?" He asked. Daniel pondered on it. "Yes. One day. Not soon." He said the last part loudly for Victoria. "Where will we go?"
"Paris, Rome, Japan... wherever you want to go." He explained. Samuel smiled at the thought. He hadn't left the country so this was like a magical gift.

"I love you."                                                                                  "I know."

Vote | Comment | Follow