ACT I : PART II

A CRIME

Note: I don't actually know if Detectives have partners or if police have partners in the UK (even though i'm British) however this is my world bish.

Samuel turned up with two coffees and a few snack bars balanced across his wobbling hands. He was woken at 2 am, actually he was called from out of bed. Last night his head had been spinning. When he got back into the undercover van all eyes had been on him. He told the information and they were happy but they still scolded him for breaking his earpiece. So when he got home it was 12:30 and he was grumpy. He threw off his suit and shoved on a huge pastel jumper his sister had left him and pulled the strings to act as blinds as he didn't want to get up and actually close them. For that time all he could think of was that he had twenty fore hours to go and see Daniel Hensen and he wasn't sure if he could.

He was shoved out of thought however when his partner rang. He put on some blue jeans and black ankle boots and frankly didn't give a shit about what was going on.

Getting there hadn't been a warm welcome either. A familiar officer raised the tape so he could walk through. As he passed through the scene, getting blinded by the sirens lights and smelling the dull smell of the Thames beside them, he saw Yates talking to non other than Detective Hughes.

Detective Hughes was the god of all police. He was a middle aged guy, old fashioned sense of style, had a musky sent, smokers voice and the intuition of a non human being.

"That's for me I'm guessing?" He asked as Sam neared. They were partners in the force. Samuel wanted to be a Detective and Hughes didn't want a fuss, so things tended to work out. Samuel held out the coffee which Hughes accepted. Before Hughes took a sip he looked at Sam. "that's hot chocolate." He said regarding Sam's beverage. Samuel was pretty much used to his wizardry so he just shrugged. "You want me to drink black coffee and smoke like you too?" Hughes chuckled. "Live fast die young, that's what I always say. This poor sod did the same. A lung decease, dropped dead in the street but that old bag is over there raving about it being a murder but the evidence isn't in our 'jurisdiction' so we have to 'trust him' you know what I always say Samuel?" Hughes was the only one who called him by that name. "Never trust a spy... but I don't think Yates is a spy he wouldn't be able to chase a rock." Hugh choked on the coffee. "What's got you in such a good mood?" He asked, mopping himself up. "Nothing just that task force thing." Hughes nodded and looked him up and down. "Need you to grab dinner for the wife."
"Can't." He said without missing a beat. "What? You got better things to do?" He laughed. Sam blushed. "I have to meet someone." He thought if he kept it vague he wouldn't push. "I see. You better go home and get ready then."
"But-"
"If Yates is crying murder then let him. I'll give him the damn case so you leave now so I have a reason to leave." Sam nodded and left without question. It was time to get ready for the meeting he'd sentenced himself to.

A CASE FILE

Samuel had captured the attention of a high ranking Mafia member and he was very aware of it. When Daniel had spotted the softly spoken angel all he wanted to do was corrupt it and Samuel was not going to be made aware of that.

When Samuel arrived at the Ritz he walked up to the front desk to a smiling receptionist. She looked down at the blonde. He had chosen to wear his light brown detective jacket with a white top and blue jeans, quite casual, what she didn't observe was the gun in its holster and badge in his pocket. "I'm here to see a Daniel Hansen." He inquired. The woman was visually shocked. "May- may I ask for your name." Her voice trembled. She must have known who he was and she was afraid. "Samuel Mason-." Sam realised he had never told Daniel his name. He was about to explain more but two tall men in black suits with hands on something in their waist belt came and took an arm each. Samuel looked at the receptionist for help but she was looking away. "I hope you enjoy your time here." She half whispered as if on a record. Sam was about to yell when his mouth was covered by a cloth that smelt of chemicals. His head fell back, limbs dropped and then, darkness.