7

In which, maybe the said Casanova is not as oblivious as people thought.

First Semester, First Year.

Beam silently watched the tanned guy from afar, his right arm was casually hanging on Kit's shoulder. They were at the Faculty of Engineering building, more specifically at the vast soccer field of the faculty.

What were the two from the Faculty of Medical doing at engineering's place? It was simple actually. Helping your seniors make sure none of those engineering students die in the hands of those bulky and scary hazers. Kit Mongkol sighed heavily.

"If the seniors did not promise us that we will receive extra marks, I won't even bother standing here like a flag pole." Kit complained, he bent slightly down as he rubbed on his right calf. Beam chuckled at his friend silently as he did nothing to help. His legs were sore too, but it was still bearable.

Beam looked back at the field, a certain guy in a neat white T-shirt and black sport pants strangely stood out to him. Forth Jaturaphoom Jamornhum, a friend of Phana Kongthanin who was his best friend, really stood out from the rest with his slightly tanned skin and calm demeanor.

Unlike the majority of engineering students, Forth was quiet and cannot be seen hanging out a lot. He only hung out with a bulky guy named Lam, ignorant of the attention he got every day from the girls and boys.

Beam shook his head silently. He unconsciously sighed, earning himself Kit's attention. "What?" Kit asked curiously as he stood up straight. He too took a look in the field.

The freshmen were still running as the hazers shouted the instructions. Beam moved his chin towards Forth's way.

“That friend of Pha... He's a bit weird, isn't he?” Beam rhetorical asked. Kit eyes zoomed into the said guy.

“What's weird with him?” Kit asked confusedly. Forth seemed like a normal introverted guy in his opinion.

“Typical rich kid, youngest child, good looking like that until he has a lot of fans in this university... Yet look at him,” Beam listed out as his eyes were still fixed on the tanned guy.

Kit stayed silent as he waited for Beam to continue. Beam then deadpanned, “Smart, diligent, quiet and calm. He does not even notice his fans. He got one trait though, a snob.”

Kit slightly frowned hearing that. Was it just him or Beam really sounded personally bitter at the end?

“He's closest with Lam though,” Kit commented.

They both know Lam came from an ordinary family that worked hard for a comfortable life, unlike Crazy Med gang who were born in their lavish families. And despite knowing Phana Kongthanin, Forth was still more close with Lam compared to the model like and loaded Phana.

“And keep in mind, his family has business relationship with Pha's. Wouldn't it benefit his family more if he's close to Pha instead? That is, if he is really snobbish.” Kit added rationally.

Beam turned his eyes away from the said guy. “But he is still weird.”

Kit rolled his eyes lazily. “Er, care to tell me now on why you decided to flirt with the girls in this faculty? The last time I checked, you like soft and cute girls more than tough and direct girls.”

Kit side-eyed his friend, observing the guy's reaction. Beam responded much belatedly.

“Just felt like it.”

Kit chuckled softly at that. He seriously could not understand Beam no matter how he tried.

The hazing activity usually lasted for hours, but halfway through had Kit complaining on how sore his feet was as there was no seat nearby.