6

In which that even the strongest one can be the weakest.

Present time

Forth stared at the silver analog clock on the wall, silently ticking its seconds to midnight. The apartment was quiet, something that should be a norm except the fact that a certain guy named Beam Baramee was still not home yet.

Forth sighed, glancing back at the dining table. The food had become cold long ago, now neatly kept inside clear containers on the table. He was still waiting for Beam to have dinner together. It was their anniversary.

But the guy was nowhere to be seen. He had been calling numerous times three hours ago, only to be picked up by some random person saying Beam was still in some post-mortem meeting.

Forth rubbed his sleepy eyes, trying to rub away the sleepiness away from him. The busy work life finally caught up to him, leaving him beyond exhaustion.

Forth was coming in and out of sleep when the front door was finally opened by a slightly staggering man. Forth immediately woke up at the sound of the door being closed. He looked at the said man, and Forth knew Beam looked so tired he would pass out. His bag was hanging loosely on his shoulder and his hair was messy.

"Rough day?" Forth asked, only to be ignored as Beam walked pass him to their bedroom.

Forth clamped his lips shut after that, silently following Beam from behind. Beam continued to ignore him and step into their bathroom. Forth took a seat on their bed, facing the bathroom's door.

"Maybe he was too tired," Forth assured himself.

Not long after, Beam stepped out of the bathroom, fully closed and hair dried. He must've used the hairdryer to dry his hair.

"Did you have dinner yet?" Forth asked softly.

Beam looked back at him stoically. Not replying, Beam walked to the other side of the bed and lay down while having Forth looked at his every move. Forth blinked.

"Beam?" Forth called out hesitantly.

"Switch off the lights." Beam finally voiced out, although a bit coldly.

Forth decided that it was not the best time to disturb Beam, only complied and switched off the light. Beam fell asleep not long after, probably exhaustion from the day finally caught him. But Forth was left awake.

He could not fall asleep no matter how hard he tried. Forth turned his head to look at the back of Beam's head.

"Why do I feel so distant from you even when we're on the same bed?" Forth whispered softly. He did not know why, but a teardrop fell for his side of the eyes.

Oblivious to the Beam Baramee, Forth Jaturaphoom cried again on that night.

Morning came after a long night that left Forth awake. The alarm ringtone from Beam's phone came out, disturbing the sleeping doctor. Forth just watched the whole process of Beam waking up in silence.

The tanned guy felt worn out. He was tired.

He was tired of everything.
Can everything stop?

Beam turned off the alarm and turned to Forth. Meeting the eyes with the taller but instead of smiling, Beam was frowning.

The first thing he did when he saw Forth was frowning. Forth felt his heart fell again. He tightened his jaw and stayed motionless. He was afraid if he was to move, Beam would be unhappy with him even more.