Inquiry - [7] - Monsters Can Love Too pt. 2

When they stopped for the night, Wei Ying thrashed about until Jiang Cheng kicked him and told him to stop or he'd break his legs. Needless to say, he stopped, but didn't close his eyes at all.

Wei Ying had always had a strange fascination with the second jade of Gusu, even when he was in his own body, when he was still a naive boy who'd believed he could've saved everyone.

But now, as he inhabited a stranger's body, he didn't understand how Lan Zhan could still love him. He wasn't Wei Wuxian anymore, yet Lan Zhan had said, without batting an eyelash, that he was still Wei Ying despite wearing someone else's face.

Night creeped in, with all it's mysterious sounds, but sleep did not come, even as shadows crawled beyond his vision and creatures howled. Wei Ying had long forgotten how to be afraid of them, after all, he'd met monsters worse in people. The way he had seen Xue Yang look at Xiao Xingchen through A-Qing's eyes, it was love, but somewhere in Xue Yang's eyes there was a certain shadow creeping about, and Wei Ying had known that his heart was not filled with good intent.

As dawn creeped, Wei Ying's eyes closed slowly and over time he gradually fell asleep, not noticing the rustling of the bushes to his left.

we adding characters heheheheheheheh:) MXTX is an amazing author and I just finished Heaven's Official Blessing (still crying lmao) so I might add characters from her other books. Maybe, just maybe, they'll have their own books.