Inquiry - [3] - ZiDian

Zidian = t/n is purple electricity but it's a weapon in here so

notes: jiang cheng goes to the gusu Lan sect, he and Wei wuxian exchange some words and the two go to find Lan Xichen for some questions
see end of chapter for more notes

Whenever Jiang Cheng thought about Wei Wuxian, memories from far too long ago made their way up to the surface of his feelings so he buried them in a box large enough and locked it deep down where even he had trouble finding.

He had a reputation to keep after all, and a nephew to raise.

When Wei Wuxian had come back, Jiang Cheng had found that 16 years had not been enough to numb the pain and stump out the fire of anger from his brother's betrayal. It was selfish, he knew. He had heard tales of people who'd lost limbs at the hands of others and forgiven them, for peace of mind, he thinks, or from the goodness of their hearts, he hopes.

Jiang Cheng is surprisingly optimistic to new ideas, something no one except people close to him would've known. So when Sect Leader Lan invited him over for a meeting to discuss a possible alliance he had found himself agreeing amenably.

He did not expect to find a desperate Wei Wuxian searching for his husband who often did not leave a three foot space between him and the Yiling Patriarch.

"What happened?" He asked, and the clawed hand of worry seems to grip at the frantic Wei Wuxian who doesn't seem to register who he is currently speaking too.

"It's Wangji!" Wei Wuxian cried in desperation, Lan Sizhui, Lan Jingyi, and a curious Jin Ling who accompanied his uncle to the sect all form a circle around them. Shielding them from prying eyes while simultaneously attracting more curious glances.

"He's gone!" He continued under the curious stare from his sworn brother, "He drugged me and had the audacity to say that he was sorry before leaving me on the ground! The ground! Does he even care for me at all!"

Lan Sizhui reached out to grab his adopted father on the shoulder to stop him from making a mark on the grass from his continuous pacing. Jiang Cheng sighed, feeling eyes staring at his back.

"Jin Ling, take the others with you and leave. Now."

"But-"

The glare Jiang Cheng shot him is enough for the boy to grab his two friends and scurry as fast as they can out of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect Leader's sight. But Jiang Cheng's attention is back on Wei Wuxian, he's found himself in enough situations for him to realize how uncomfortable it is to discuss something personal with loose lipped people such as his nephew.

He dragged his older brother away from the entrance of the Gusu Lan Sect and into a seemingly secluded section of the Sect that he recalled from his time as a disciple.

"Speak, now." His voice is gruff but he allowed himself enough emotion for the other to feel more comfortable in talking to his younger brother again.

"I don't know what's happening," Wei Wuxian confessed after remaining silent for a while. The conversation goes back to silence, and the words just hang there like dead flies caught in a spider web with ever so delicate threads. So delicate, a single wrong word could cause a butterfly effect with his relationship with his older brother and perhaps the Gusu Lan Sect.

"We came to Cloud Recesses, just to visit, and then he went to talk to old man Lan and then he came back. After that when we woke up, we ate some food and I begun to feel drowsy. I just though I might've been slightly sick or nauseous but then my vision begun tilting like a boat and then I just collapsed!" He continued as Jiang Cheng frowned in confusion.

Growing up with Wei Wuxian, he'd seen his brother drunk many times, but his brother was far from a lightweight. One too many bottles may make him a bit woozy, but he doubted Lan Wangji would bring alcohol for his lover especially when it was forbidden in Cloud Recesses. Yet if Lan Wangji really did drug him... why?

"Why?" Jiang Cheng asks, breaking the silence. Wei Wuxian shakes his head and then the awkward tension between the two grow.

He hadn't been able to speak to his brother one-on-one many times since he was reincarnated into Mo Xuanyu's body. Somehow, Jiang Cheng begins to feel as if he'd been pushed into a corner by his own emotions. He sighed softly, staring at his brother with pity that he hoped wasn't too condescending.

"There has to be a reason." The amount of raw emotion took Jiang Cheng by surprise as well, it's not what he wanted to say. But somehow the rage isn't there, perhaps it's because he understood how it felt being left behind by someone you believed would never leave you. And then there's an unspoken agreement between the two, it's the delicate threads of trust and in it is forgiveness. But a wrong move could tear the web apart and leave nothing except frayed edges.

He pulled himself out of his thoughts in time to continue. "He wouldn't do that to you of all people, we need to go find Sect Leader Lan. He should know where his brother has gone." And to his surprise, Wei Wuxian nodded amiably and there's a warmth in his chest knowing that his brother is there for him once again.

The two set off at a decent pace to where Jiang Cheng hoped the first jade is.

im so upset cos i decided to try a new writing style out and i already wrote two chapters with my old writing style that i don't like LOL

i really like Lan Xichen x Jiang Cheng damn so I wrote this chapter in Jiang Cheng's POV just so y'all could see how the two of em feel. it'll switch back to WWX's POV in the next chapter or so :)
like comment and vote y'all hehe