CHAPTER 10: Back to School Went Wrong

Lara's P.o.V.

What is that sound? It's so annoying... *whining*

"Lara, wake up dear! You have to get ready. You don't wanna be late on your first day at school."

Oh shit! I have to go to school.

I never was a morning person. Why can't they make school in the afternoon? Would be easier for me to wake up. Getting off the bed, something caught my attention. Aiden is not here. Probably he left early in the morning. It's almost 7:30 a.m. and I don't have much time left. On the nightstand I found a note:

~Good luck on you first day at school and have fun. Love, Aiden.~

That's sweet. Ok, now let's brush out teeth and get dressed.

I was ready in five minutes. Well, I still have time to put a little makeup on, nothing too glam, just enough to look healthy and not dead. After I brushed my hair, I took my bag and exit the bedroom.

On the hallway I found Chloe.

Mornin' Chloe! Are you going downstairs to the kitchen?

-"Good morning, Luna!" she nodded.

Ok, cool. Let's go together because I still need time to learn every room in this mansion. Oh and call me Lara. Luna is way too formal.

She nodded again and smiled. She was wearing a casual outfit similar to mine:white silky shirt, jeans, sneakers and a glam backpack. She was wearing the necklace that I gave her with a cute pair of earrings.

Girl, you have some taste! I pointed to her outfit. She giggled.

-"Thank you. Nothing too fancy for school, but we still need to look good, right?"

Oh, are you going to school as well?

-"Yes, actually we will have the same classes. We will be colleagues." she said smiling.

How old are you? I said surprised.

-"I'm 17, just like you. I work here too, but I still have to go to school. Lady Jasmine was nice enough to take care of me and Mei."

What do you mean?

-"Lady Jasmine considers us family and I help around as much as possible. That's why me and Mei are the maids. I never felt like one, but Lady Jasmine raised us after we remained orphans. My parents died. My dad died before I was born fighting at the borders against ogres and my mom died giving birth to me. Mei's parents died in the same attack like my dad. Mei is older, she is 22."

I'm so sorry for your parents, but I'm glad Jasmine took care of you and Mei. Now I have good friends.

She smiled.

When we got in the kitchen, Mei was waiting for us there.

-"Come on in girls. You need to eat your breakfast and also I made your lunch for today. The pink lunch box is yours Lara. Don't forget to take it with you."

Thank you, Mei. I really appreciate it.

She smiled and me and handed me a cup of tea. The breakfast looked delicious. Omelet with bacon and toast with jam. This reminds me of my mom's breakfasts. I haven't seen her in a while, or my dad. I hope they are fine. I know they I busy with the errands for the pack. I should see them later today to tell them how my first day at school was.

After we ate and put the dishes in the sink, we took our lunch boxes and left the kitchen.

-"Let's go the the garage first to see if Alfred is there."