CHAPTER 9: Second Chance

Aiden's P.o.V

Sitting here in my office, all alone really sucks. In the past few days I asked Jessica to send me all the contracts and documents at home. I wasn't in the mood to go to my office at work, especially after everything that happened with Lara.

This guy, Jayden Smith, really wants to work with us. I did some research and this man is a well-known scientist. He discovered many new viruses and "genetic" is his middle name. I guess he is pretty good in doing his job. Our equipment is one of the best on market so it makes sense why he wants to work with us and to use our labs.

Well, it will be a good advertising if we work with popular scientists and also he can discover new things in our labs. I will give him a call later. The labs should be ready to use in a week from now. It's better to sign the contract with him on the grand opening.

My work was disturbed by a knocking on the door.

~Knock, knock~

Come in!

It was Mei. I wonder if something happened.

-"Sir, I'm sorry to disturb you."

It's alright Mei. Something happened? You need help with anything? I asked curious.

-"No Sir, everything is fine. I came to tell you that it's dinner time and Miss Lara asked me to let you know that she wants you to accompany her to the gardens."

Wait, what?!

Mei, Lara put you to come here to tell me this? Are you serious? I said surprised, almost jumping off my chair.

-"Yes Sir." she nodded.

Dinner in the garden? *widening my eyes*

-"Yes Sir, Miss Lara is waiting for you there."

Ok Mei, thank you. You may leave now.

-"Sir?" *shy voice*

Yes? Anything else I can do for you Mei? *excited voice*

-"Wear a shirt, she is wearing a baby blue dress." *giggle*

Oh, thanks for the tip!

Mei left the office and I stayed there astonished. Lara wants to see me after everything I've done to her. I couldn't hide the smile on my face. My mate wants to see me.

"Stop acting like a teenager and get ready. Don't make her wait. Besides, I'm starving. Ruvyn needs food!!!"

Yeah, you are right Ruvyn, I'm kinda hungry myself as well. Let's get dressed and meet our beautiful mate.

Lara's P.o.V

I don't know if it was a good idea to dress myself like this. It's just a dinner, right? *sigh*

Who am I kidding? I want to impress somehow. I'm still a girl and we need to look presentable all the time not for a man but for ourselves. This is a lesson that my mom taught me since I was a little girl.

This baby blue dress makes my eyes pop and it looks adorable. Even Lyra agreed and she is not a fashion designer. It goes pretty well with my rose necklace.

Alright, everything is settled and the food smells amazing. I hope Aiden shows up soon because I'm starving. I haven't eaten anything and Lyra is hungry as well.

"You look beautiful Lara, don't worry about the dress. I am starving, can't you tell him to hurry up? You can talk to him telepathically."

Oh, you are right, I forgot about that. Ok, let me try.