CHAPTER 8: Great News

Lara's P.o.V

Three days have passed and I still can't believe what happened. From what I've been told, mates are supposed to look for each other, to love and cherish and to be there for each other no matter what. I was wrong.

After everything that happened, Lyra kept whimpering. I guess she wasn't expecting this either. I didn't want to get out of this room, although it's his bedroom, he never returned. I didn't complain. I don't want to see him ever again.

Mei was my only friend. She was nice enough to bring me food in here and didn't ask about anything. Probably she knows, or maybe not, I don't know. But she helped me with everything these days. I was hurt not only physically but mentally as well. All I wanted was to go home, but now I'm stuck in here.

I wanted to talk to my mom, but what's the point...

I cannot look into my mom's eyes. If she finds out she will be devastated. My dad probably will murder the alpha. I really haven't done anything wrong and yet everything shattered.

I feel bad for my wolf. She doesn't deserve all these. I feel guilty for being week. If i wasn't this weak I would have fought him. And Ruvyn, what the hell is wrong with the beast?

Too many questions and no answer....

My body feels so sore. I was bleeding down there for almost two days. I never thought my first intimate experience will end up like this.

And that poor guy, his beta, I think his name was Damien. I don't know what happened to him, if he is still alive or not. Last time I saw him, he was laying on the ground in a pool of blood. Aiden left him there injured. How can you be so heartless and leave somebody like that on the ground, especially when you were the one who did that? Just how?...

I really need to find out what happened to that boy. I need to apologize for everything. It was all  my fault.

My thoughts were disturbed by a knock on the door:

~knock knock~

It was Mei...

-"Miss Lara, may I come in? I have a visitor with me."

A visitor? Sure, come in.

Mei stepped aside and let a woman coming in. It was Jasmine.

-"Hello, my dear! How you've been lately? I haven't seen you around at all. Is everything alright?" said in a warm and calm voice tone.

I am alright ma'am, thank you for asking.

I couldn't look at her in the eyes. How can she be so sweet and her son is a monster.

-"You look a bit pale dear, are you eating properly?"

She came closer to me and all I did was to sigh. I cannot tell her about what happened. I cannot talk to anybody about it and yet it's killing me inside. Aiden is so blessed to have such a wonderful mother.

-"Oh my God dear, what happened to your neck?" *shocked voice*

Oh, that! It's nothing, just a scratch.

I covered my mark with my hand and walked away from her. I don't want her to tell anything to my parents.

-"Stop right there Lara! He marked you didn't he?" she said that with a very firm voice.

I stopped but I couldn't  turn around. What am I supposed to say? I looked down and stood there in silence. I could feel how tears were filling my eyes and I started to sob.

Jasmine came at me and hugged me so tight. I that moment I couldn't hold it anymore and I started to cry.

-"Shh, it's ok sweetheart. Please tell me what happened. Did he force you? I need to know the truth because this is serious. His alpha title should be revoked in this case."