CHAPTER 7: Damien

Damien's P.o.V

~Flashback~

That sunny day I won't forget. I was playing outside with my mom and dad. I was only five and everything seems to be so simple for a child.

My mom....she was beyond beautiful. I look just like her but I have my dad's green eyes. She was the kindest woman I know with the most gorgeous smile. My dad loved her a lot and you can tell by the way he was looking at her.

My mom's name was Evonda. She was well respected in the community but she had a unique feature that I inherited. When she was shifting into her wolf, her eyes were electric green.

I loved my family so much, specially when aunt Annie was visiting us. She was my mom's sister,  but in the past couple years she hasn't visited us at all. My dad told me she had to move in another city, but he assured me she will never forget her favourite nephew.

Days were passing and I noticed my parents became concerned by some events that were about to happen. My best friend, Aiden, the alpha's son used to play with me all the time. He gave me the great news that my dad was elected as the new Beta of the pack.

Being the new female Beta of the pack, my mom had to train the females of the pack. She was a strong woman, being able to fight five males wolves by her own. She was my dad's strength and will. The perfect couple people would say...

But in reality, people were scared of my mom because of her green electric eyes. They accused her of witchcraft. My mom was a half breed: half witch, half werewolf. Although she never showed to anybody her true powers, my dad told me she knows how to use spells and summon things. My grandpa was a high rank wolf of this pack and he went rogue. He found an injured girl in the woods and took her home, treated her wounds and they fell in love. He found out she was a witch from a powerful coven and even if the sabbath was against their love, they didn't care. They ran away together and the fruit of their love was my mom. A beautiful shewolf with the power of a witch.

One day, my parents were sent to a mission at the borders. The pack was attacked by ogres that wanted to take our lands. There was a terrible battle with many deaths and injured.

My dad returned desperate to the mansion. He was holding my mom in his arms unconscious. She was bleeding and she wasn't healing. When I saw that scene I froze. They put her on the bed and called the doctors. I was crying and trying desperately to go and see her. My beautiful mom was about to die and I cannot do anything.

The nurses dragged me out from the room so the doctors can save her. I started to cry my soul out. This can't be real. My mom is too strong to die! They have to save her...

After a couple hours, my dad came out of the room. His face was emotionless, his dark circles were so prominent and his eyes were swollen from crying and full of sorrow.

-"Come Damien! Your mom wants to see you..."

Walking in that room felt like I was about to cry. She was there, laying down in bed, very pale and her lips turned a little gray. Only her eyes were showing love towards me and my dad.

-"Damien, sweetheart! Please listen to your dad and be a good boy. Take care of your dad, because we both know he is a little clumsy." *smiling*

Mom, you'll be fine and we will play together again. I promise you!

She took of the necklace she had on her neck and gave it to my dad. It was a beautiful rose gold necklace with a rose as a pendant.

-"Dear, please give this to the little one."