CHAPTER 2: Larantelle

My name is Larantelle, but my friends call me Lara.

I'm 17 and I want to become a hacker. Just kidding, I want to become a full-stack programmer. Every girl on my age wants to become a model or a singer, but i want to be different.

I guess I look like any other girl: long ashy brown hair and auburn eyes. I am considered the midget of my group. I'm only 5'5. Everyone is so tall, like what the hell did they eat when they were kids?

But now, because I had to move somewhere else, I really don't know if I'll be able to see my friends anymore.

New school, new people; I wonder how my life is going to change?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This room is hella big!!! I can't believe this is going to be my room. Who are these people? And now I have maids? This is surreal.

It's  a lot to process. I wonder what did I do to deserve this? *taking a deep breath*.

"This is who you are now. Stop complaining. You will have a luxurious life here. Aren't you exciting to meet him? I can't wait!!!"

Him?! Who's him? What are you talking about? And stop sounding like a bitch in heat! You are drooling all over my neurons. *rolling eyes*

"I'm talking about your alpha dumb ass. I can sense his presence and he is hella strong. He's been waiting for you for so long, for me as well. But you are way to retarded to figure that. In this tiny brain of yours, there is no room for more, other than programming and cute fluffy stuff. I don't even have enough room to move around. If i wiggle my tail, I'm afraid i might get the codes tangled in my fur."

Tail?!Fur?! What are you talking about? Who are you? *trembling voice*.

"My name is Lyra. We are bound. I am the wolf inside of you. Oh honey, we are going to be best friends".

Ok, now I'm going crazy! Officially I need professional help.

"Listen here, child! You will have to accept me because I am YOU. I was here with you since the day you were born. I am the power inside of you and trust me...together we are something special. You came here for a reason. Your sense sharpened and it's time for you to find your mate."

Hold up! Let me rehearse it. So, you are Lyra, the wolf inside of me.

"That's correct."

And I came here to this palace to find my mate or whatever is that supposed to mean?

"Also true."

And because I am you and you are me, technically am I a wolf?...Like a werewolf? Can I transform into you?

"You will learn how to do that my child, but after you meet your alpha. You need training and patience. You are a supernatural creature of the night."

Why my parents didn't tell me anything? Are they even my real parents? Am i a MONSTER?!!!

"You are not a monster, my child."

Stop calling me "child"!!!

"Then stop calling me a monster, bitch" *audible growl*

Ok fair enough. Why my parents lied to me then?

"They didn't lie to you and they are indeed your real parents. They are werewolves too. You will probably understand more at dinner, which by the way, you only have one hour left to get ready so, hurry up! You don't want to be late."