someone you loved | r. malek

song: someone you loved by lewis capadi

•••

"You're such a bitch, and I fucking hate you!"

You heard Rami's drunken voice slur as he practically screamed at you.

He has never said he hated you, nor called you a bitch. This was different.

You and Rami have been dating for eleven years. Eleven years. It started when you were at a party, and recognised the man who acted as the young pharoah from Night At The Museum. You immediately fell in love with him, so you made the first move and both of you ended up dating.

Now, he's an Academy Award winning actor, who's known for acting as the legendary Freddie Mercury.

But, he was not what he seems on camera.

He was always busy, and he would rarely come home to spend time with you. Before filming Bohemian Rhapsody, he would come home at least once a week, taking a break on the weekends just to be with you. But it was different now, he would come home once in six months.

You would always try to Skype with him whenever he was free, but he would always decline your calls. You knew something was wrong.

Whenever he was home, he would always be drunk—passed out on the couch, making a mess in the house.

You were snapped back to reality as you heard Rami's heavy breathing.

"And you mean it?" You asked, almost in a whisper while walking closer to him. "I meant what I fucking said!"

Both of you were in his room, arguing. In the past few years, Rami started developing anger issues, due to stress. He would lash out on you, but you controlled your temper and patience. The technique was, love.

"Get out." You heard him say in his deep voice. His eyes were glossy, tears were preparing to spill.

You let out a sob but quickly covered your mouth. "Before I do, let me tell you something." You start, "you've been gone for the past couple of years, and when you come home, I find you extremely drunk and passed out on the couch. You weren't there for me."

"And when I was there for you, I would always prepare breakfast for you, make you your coffee the way you've always liked it, and clean up after the mess you've made." Your voice was breaking, tears were spilling out of eyes. "I would always sleep in your room, wear your sweaters to sleep during cold nights. It's because I miss you. I just miss you, terribly much. And it hurts me!"

"The point is, you're treating me like a fucking stranger nowadays, and I still look after you, and I still love you, Rami, for what?!" You screamed, your fingers running through your scalp.

Rami looked at you with his bloodshot eyes, he was crying too. He could always read your expression, but now, he can't. He can't anymore. He was guilty.

"Y/N I-" he was cut off, "I do not wanna hear it. I'm a fucking bitch, and you hate me right? I might as well leave from this hellish life I'm living." You said. He grabbed your hand, you missed the feeling. You didn't even know when was the last time he touched you. Your fingers were intertwined with each others, it was like a perfect puzzle.

You cringed from his touch and pulled away. "Y/N, I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of these." He finally got up the courage to form a sentence.

You didn't even reply him. You just wanted to get away. He was the love of your life, the man you cared for the most.

You missed the Rami who would always ask you questions when watching movies, always taking breaks from filming just to stay home and cuddle with you, and taking care of you each time you were sick.

You were packing your things, ready to leave the apartment that he bought for you guys' anniversary.

"Y/N please. Give me a chance. I love you, and I'm sorry."

"No you don't." You said back, extremely quiet as your voice was hoarse from arguing with him.

"Please, Y/N."

He was given the silent treatment. But that didn't stop him for chasing after you.

As he saw you sitting down on the bed, he walked over and wrapped his arms around you. You missed the warmth, the comfort, and the tingling sensation of your skin when he touches you.

"I'm sorry, Y/N." He whispers into your ear.

You melted into his embrace and hugged him back. "I was just someone you loved, Rami." You kissed him on the cheek, and with that, you took your bags and left.

He was left alone, his biggest fear. But he couldn't blame you as it wasn't even your fault.

He caught a glimpse of a shooting star from his window. Please, I just wish for Y/N to come back.

________

GAAAHHH sad chapter, I cried while writing this!