you were always the one | r. malek

YOU AND RAMI were childhood friends. As you first moved to Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, you knew nobody. Your neighbours, the twins, Rami and Sami Malek, were extremely welcoming and made friends with you on the first day. The three of you went to the same school and got along together until you had to move to New York for college.

You were the closest to Rami, there was just one step closer to a relationship. Both of you would hang out together after school, have sleepovers during the school holiday breaks.

He has asked you out to prom during high school. Of course you had accepted it, you were elated. But at the same time, sad, as you were the closest female friend to Rami, and thought he only asked you to go with him as a bestfriend.

He doesn't know about my feelings for him, you sighed.

Little did you know, he felt the same way towards you.

Now, you are out of college and working as a part-time model in Hollywood.

"Alright, shooting is done! All of y'all are dismissed!"

You heaved a sigh of relief as the long day was over. You grabbed your small hand bag and coat and headed out to the grocery shop to stock up food for your kitchen at home.

Walking down the streets of Hollywood made you take a stroll down memory lane. Memories of you and Rami came flooding back, it hit your heart as you missed him dearly.

You got to a grocery shop near your apartment.
As you were walking along the isle, you saw a familiar figure. You couldn't believe your eyes.

"Rami?" you called out.

He turned around and started walking towards you. Your heart was pounding. You finally saw your best friend, your childhood friend.

"Y/N," he said, "it's been so long." He hugs you tightly. You reacted to the hug and both of your heartbeats were in sync.

Both of you pulled away and you smiled. "What are you doing here?" you asked and broke the silence. "Oh, I'm here for shooting. Currently staying at a hotel. I'm going back to New York next week." He replied. "Wanna go back to my place? I live just down the street." You said, cheerfully. "I'd love to."

"You're a model now," Rami said as you nodded, "you're such a beautiful girl, everyone would love you." Those words from his mouth made your cheeks turn red. "T-thanks."

When you got to your apartment, you unlocked the door and Rami straight away plopped himself on your couch. It made you chuckled as it looks like he had already made himself at home.

You got out the sandwiches you bought from the grocery shop for you and him. Until something struck your mind.

"Rami, do you have a girlfriend?" You blurted.

That question caused Rami to almost choke on his food. "Not at the moment, I mean, I've dated a few of my co-stars, but there's one particular girl I've truly loved." He said. That made your heart shatter a little, who was that girl?

"What about you?" He asks. "Uhm, no. I mean it's the same as you, I've dated a guy, but there's just something in him that's missing." You said.

Before you could say anything else, Rami interrupted by pressing his lips against yours. Your eyes widened, you were in shock. "R-rami, I thought-" he cut you off again, "silly girl, it's you. You were the one I've always loved, after all these years." Happy tears started welling up your eyes, each time you blinked, a drop of tear would roll down your rosy cheek. Rami wiped them away with his thumb and kisses you again. Both of your lips were in sync and it felt like forever.

Both of you made it to the bedroom, who knows what both of you did in there?

You were woken up by a ray of sunlight shining on your face. As you were trying to get up, you felt a pair of arms pulling you down, hugging you tightly. You actually did it with him. "Rami!" You squirm. "Mhm?" He said as his eyelashes flutter. "What about your filming today?" you asked. "It's my break today, which means I could spend the whole day with you." That made you blush and you got back onto the bed and kissing his cheek. "I love you." you said. "I love you, too."