20..

“Three!”

“Two!”

“One!”

My lips found hers as we rang in the New Year. It wasn’t a simple peck. It was an ‘I’ve been waiting for you’ kiss, a kiss that’d been a long time coming, one that doesn’t make you regret getting your hopes so high up. There were no fireworks like in the movies, real life doesn’t work like that, but a sense of relief flooded me. We finally kissed, the tension was finally getting a little released.

With my heart pounding in my chest, I wrapped my arms around her, my hands traveling down her back and gripping her backside. She moaned against me and fisted my shirt in her hands, pulling me harder against her. Her mouth detached from mine and kissed its way to my ear, teeth grazing my earlobe before moving to my jaw and neck.

“Maybe we should go somewhere private,” she whispered, running her fingernail just above the waistband of my Calvin Kleins.

The blood in my face rushed from my head to below the belt, instantly snapping me awake.

I stared up at the ceiling, sweating, as I tried to grasp whatever shreds of the dream were left in my head. It really was New Years, and Connie really was here earlier tonight with Bucky and the Victoria’s Secret girl—but that’s about all that was factual from the dream. Another chance to kiss Connie was passed up. But then again, I’m not sure if I wanted to kiss her—really kiss her—in front of Bucky. Archie was also running around, refusing to go to bed and stay there, so that was also holding me back.

This was starting to get ridiculous. I mean, dreaming about her? And waking up half-hard from a kiss? Since when have kisses turned me on in my sleep? It was embarrassing to think that I, a grown man, was fantasizing about a little kiss from my friend’s sister…

Maybe this is all happening because I’ve been on my own for so long. With the exception of MK, I’ve been without physical attention from a woman for a long time, several months before Archie was even with me. So, maybe that’s why I’m so attached to Connie, since I think I could maybe, possibly, have a bit of a tiny chance with her. Yeah that’s it. I’ll blame my almost-wet-dreams and unshakable, way bigger than ‘tiny crush’ feelings I have for her, on that.

“God,” I muttered, just thinking about her outfit tonight. She’s so fucking hot and has no idea. If she was shy, I couldn’t tell from the way she acted and spoke so freely. It was never awkward with her and I loved it. I’m not stupid enough to think anyone on this planet was completely confident 100% of the time, but it was such a turn on that she didn’t shy away, that she was just…talked.

And then on top of that…she was gorgeous. You could just tell that even when she rolled out of bed, sick and disheveled looking, she was still beautiful. I’ll never get enough of her dark brown eyes and smile—not that I’m a sap or anything.

If I ever meet hers and Bucky’s parents, I’ll have to congratulate them on making a fine-looking daughter and cool but weird son.

No, I’m not going to do that. That’s fucking weird. Shaking my head at myself, I turned onto my stomach and drifted back to sleep.

----

----

Vince was the first to break the silence in the office. The three of us had been working hard all morning, not really having much time to fit in casual conversation. But, I guess Vince got sick of that. He always did hate working for long stretches.

“What’d you guys do for New Year’s?”

“I had people over,” I said. “What about you?”