06..

Hello, yes, I will start posting regularly on Sundays. This is the last random one. :)

Comment/vote please. Feedback is wanted bc I want to know if you actually like it or not haha. So let me know!

~~

A little hand tapped on my shoulder in the darkness of my room. When I didn’t respond, he hooked a finger in the corner of my mouth and tugged until I opened my eyes with a groan.

“What’s up buddy?” I yawned, sitting up on my elbow once he removed his finger. “Why are you awake? It’s two in the morning and you have school tomorrow…or day care…whatever.” He just shrugged and rested his cheek on the mattress. “Are you still feeling sick?” He rolled his face across the sheet, too lazy to stand up and actually shake his head. I chuckled and lifted him up then pulled the blanket over us.

“You just wanted to sleep in bed with me, huh?”

“No,” he whined.

I grinned, “Yes you did. You missed sharing a bed with me.”

“Nuh-uh.”

“Yuh-huh.” I wrapped my arms around him and he cuddled against my chest, “It’s okay, buddy.”

“I didn’t want you to be alone,” he whispered. That kinda hit home. I sighed and rubbed my hand up his back. “I have a question.”

I yawned, “Okay.”

“How come I don’t call you daddy like my friends say?” He tripped over his question, his three year old tongue unable to get through a long sentence without stuttering a little. I gulped, then stopped breathing all together and stared wide eyed at the ceiling. “Why is there no one to call mommy too? How come we don’t have everyone?”

What do I tell him? Do I just tell him the truth? Or do I sugarcoat it for him? I don’t know how he’d handle being told his mum didn’t want him, that I wasn’t really his dad. What if he freaks out thinking I stole him or something?

“Huh Niall? Why?”

I sighed and looked down at him, smoothing his hair back, “Remember I told you some families are different? Not always built like they are on TV or like everyone else’s?” He nodded. “Well, that’s us. We’re different because...well...we’re just in different circumstances.” I paused and looked up at the ceiling again, “You don’t like calling me Niall?”

His little arms tightened around me, “I don’t think it matters.”

“You can call me whatever you want...because we’re buddies.”

“Am I your best buddy?”

“Yeah.”

“Bester buddy than Bucky?”

“Bester than Bucky.”

He smiled and nuzzled into my chest, “You’re my best buddy too, Niall.”

I smirked, “Better than Bailey?”

“Yeah.”

“Wow, that’s intense.” He just nodded, “Are you excited to see your friends tomorrow? You’ve been out of daycare for a long time.” Almost two weeks.

“Yeah.”

“You miss them?”

“Yup.”

“Good, well if you get to sleep, you can see them faster.”

“Okay!” he said excitedly, then squeezed his eyes closed. I smiled and rubbed his back

----