My wife

Her skin was warm on my fingertips as they trailed a pattern absent-mindedly as she continued her assault on her phone talking to Haleena about a few things. Things I didn't bother asking about.

We were both lying down in our bed, it was near midnight but we couldn't go sleep. Everyone was out, we had the house to ourselves for tonight but what they expected us to do probably won't occur. I promised Khadijah everything would go her way and at the pace she desired so I was fine with stealing kisses from her till then. Mum and dad had gone to mum's sisters house to stay and Aneesah and Abid had gone to one of our cousins house.

We had spent the day not doing much but talking. She told me about Saqib's wedding and how she was worried she had messed it up when she was rude to Zohrah's dad and how it all worked out. She told me about her silly antics with Saqib. I told her about how I grew up being the eldest brother and how my family were constantly passing comments on how I wasn't married. I told her how much I changed because of her and how much I loved her.

It was in the middle of the day when she had asked me to do her a favour so hesitantly as if I was going to refuse her immediately.

"Qasim"

"Yes"

"Uhm.."

"Hmm." I replied yawning, talking can tire you a lot apparently.

"Can we... Can we go stay around mum and dads?"

"We meaning me and you?"

"Yes, if.. If you want to."

"Why?"

"I just... I don't know. I'd like it."

"Why would you like it?" I smirked

"Because. Yes or no?"

"Yes I don't see why not, we can go this Friday. I'll be off work and so will Abid so he can stay at home."

"Okay"

"Khadijah"

"Yes"

"Are you taking me along so you don't miss me in bed?" I smirked at her taking in how she still blushed profusely

I placed my fingers on her cheeks loving the way they warmed instantly as she shut her eyes and tried to calm her blushing face to no avail.

I moved forward and kissed her forehead.

Now we were in bed where she was texting Haleena whilst I drew patterns on her back underneath the shirt she wore. My shirt, I had placed a bet with her and I won which meant she had to wear my shirts to bed.

I groaned out loud as she didn't react to me pinching her, I mean come on. Anti-social much? She looked up from the glowing screen and scrunched her forehead trying to figure out what my problem was. I glared at her phone making her laugh, she shook her head still laughing while I continued to glare. Hello? Angry husband!

She placed her phone on her bed-side drawer and turned to face me smiling her beautiful smile.

"What's wrong Qasim?"

"Nothing" I grunted

"Awwh, is Qasim angry?"

I growled at her making her laugh again. This time though she stopped quickly and came closer to me. Too close. I could feel her body heat and my hands wanted to touch her but I remembered my promise. She moved her arms so they were around me, I grunted and responded to her hug dragging her on-top of me so I could hug her easily. I loved having her on me, it made me feel wanted because she had to look up to me. Weird, I know.