My Future Bed

Once we had got in, the three idiots weren't anywhere to be seen, so they were probably already wrapped in bed, oh my Allah, they left us two alone.

I walked a little behind Qasim, following him, "Do you want anything to eat or drink?"

"No. I'm ok."

Once we got to the stairs, he was about to go up and to be honest so was I but now sleep wasn't running through my brain but me saying the three words to him was oozing through my brain and into each and every vein, begging me to tell him.

So...

I sat down on the stairs, Qasim stopped and turned to see where I was and sat next to me.

It was now or never.

We were both fully-grown adults sharing one normal sized stair, so yeah we were crammed together!

I put my arm around his waist, resting my head on his chest and he put his arm around my back, wrapping his hand around me so his palm was on my stomach, "Qasim..." I softly whispered, terrified of saying it but needing to say it.

"Yeah?" he responded in a tone as soft as my voice.

I LOVE YOU! It wasn't that hard to say it, I say it to everyone else so easily, why is it so hard to say it to the man who I'm going to live with forever -inshallah- and to the man who himself said wanted to see my face every morning.

"I... I..." I stammered out, "I love you!" I blurted out whispering, digging my face into his chest so I didn't have to hear his rejection and to hide my face from him.

"What?" He said softly, sounding genuinely confused.

Great, I had the guts to say it but he didn't hear me, this is a sign, I shouldn't say anything at all.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing!" I chimed.

"Khadijah..." He groaned, probably pissed off with my childish antics.

"Nothing ok, just drop it." I complained.

"I just said something stupid," I confessed, "now I don't wanna repeat it again!"

"Just say it, who cares if it's stupid, I'll say something stupid too!" he assured me.

"Fine," I groaned," I said I...... I...love you!"

"That's..." he whispered, "not stupid..."

He shifted a little moving my head so he could look me in the eye, no doubt to say he doesn't feel the same and this wedding was a compromise, but his gorgeous hazel eyes didn't have the slightest hint of rejection but happiness and love.

"Khadijah..." his husky voice whispered, "I love you too, and always will inshallah!!"

These few words stopped my heartbeat for a few seconds and then almost frantically my heart beat sped up as the words slowly processed in my mind warming each and every bit of me.

His face was smack-bang in front of me, there was absolutely minimal space between our faces, our breaths mingling together in the cold air of the stairway.

He kissed my forehead and then moved back to his previous position.

His arm around my shoulder, my head on his chest, his chin on my head, my arms tightly wrapped around his waist. Yes, overall it was an adorable moment.

We stayed joined like that for only Allah knows how long.

"Come on, you've got to go sleep now."

I just feebly nodded, quite content with the pillow I had.

Slowly, very very slowly we made our way upstairs, he told me that whilst I was asleep in the car, they had discussed where everyone was sleeping and it seems as if the two girlies ditched me as they wanted to sleep together in Aneesah's room so I ended up in Qas- my future room alone of course, the two men would be sharing Abid's room for this night.