That's not happening

Waking up in my own bedroom was an amazing feeling with my life's new addition sleeping beside me, it felt even more amazing.

I sat up looking around as I glanced at the clock noting it was nearing 10 o'clock so I decided to get up and help with breakfast as it wasn't as if I couldn't go back to sleep. Yes. If I wasn't married I'd probably sleep until 12. I was a lazy git, I know.

Tugging some jeans on pulling a maxi dress over, a black one to be precise I headed downstairs but after pulling a black scarf on. Getting downstairs I walked into the bathroom and washed my face and did the necessities.

Walking into the kitchen I saw Umer crawling around on the counters as Baji Zohrah just glared at him making me laugh. Picking him up I placed him into his high-chair handing him a toy to busy himself with. Once he was settled I went back to making breakfast suddenly stopped by Baji Zohrah who had grabbed my hand. Turning around I looked at her questioningly watching her as she smiled at me, "I really did miss you little sister"

"I missed you too"

"Good." She laughed

Mock-glaring at her I replied "Ha-ha."

"I'm joking. Khadijah, is he nice? Is he good to you?"

"Yes, he's actually perfect. Why?"

"Cause honestly, Saqib was worried and so was I"

"Oh"

"You will tell me if he does anything, right?"

"I promise baji"

Grinning I hugged her, releasing her I went back to making breakfast making her laugh.

Whilst I was making breakfast various members of the Hussein clan walked in grinning when they saw me manning the stove as they told me what they wanted earning a grin from me and a glare from my mum who was standing beside me trying to get her hands on the stove so she could take over, apparently it looked bad if I was cooking.

Qasim walked in looking a bit shy, "Morning."

"Morning dearest" I teased grinning as I looked up from the omelette I was making for my dad.

He smiled back, "Where is the bathroom?"

"Just down there" I pointed to the door where the bathroom was situated.

He smiled in thanks as he headed towards it.

Once I had made everyone's breakfast but mine and Qasim's, I began my quest on finding some porridge for my health-freak husband. It was hard seeing as hardly anyone had porridge in this house apart from that one time me and Saqib had a bet we wouldn't last without biscuits and tea for breakfast for a month. I won that bet by the way.

He smiled as he took his plate from me and waited for me to lead him to the dining room where I sat beside him and Haleena.

We ate in silence occasionally talking when my mother or father asked us a question regarding our plans for the day or something similar.

From the questions I learned Qasim was planning on going home today leaving me here for a day because he had to go work making me scowl at him, he tried to smile but my glare stopped him from trying that.

He frowned but dropped it when my parents were asking him how his parents were and things like that.

Once I was finished with my breakfast and had washed all the dishes up I headed upstairs, Qasim following me as I walked into my bedroom and sat down on the bed frowning. He knelt down on the ground placing his chin on one of my knees wrapping his arms around my waist as I scowled at him.