Part 27

*Todoroki pov*

Me, Uraraka, and Ida we're out looking for Midoriya for hours. But we couldn't see any trace of him. We we're starting to lose hope. In just a couple of hours I would have to be crowned king. I would have to marry Yaoyorozu.

"Todoroki, we have to go back soon. Endeavor will be concerned if you don't return."

How much would Endeavor care. The only thing he would care about is giving people bad expectations.

"Please don't be in dismay Todoroki, I'm sure he'll come back."

I sighed, I didn't have enough will to continue.

"I guess you're right."

*Deku pov*

The sun was starting to rise. I looked off into the distance. I assumed that Todoroki was married and happy with Momo by now. It put a big pain in my heart. But I tried to put it behind me. I was going to start my new life soon. I couldn't keep thinking about Todoroki.

I basically had given up on everything. So I was completely untied. I knew I couldn't escape and make it back in time. So I had no hope of trying, and Kacchan could tell.

Eventually everybody fell asleep in the carriage. I was still awake, just looking back. I could only briefly see the castle in the distance. I sighed, remembering the good things that happened over there.

Suddenly I heard movement, I assumed that somebody was moving in their sleep. But I was wrong. It was Bakugo's other slaves. They all got up one by one. While Kacchan was still fast asleep.

The one with red pointy hair, who's name I believed was Kirishima, approached me in a whisper. Followed by everyone else.

"Look Izuku, do you really want this."

"You still have a chance to change."

"There's still hope left."

I didn't know why they cared about me now. And not when Kacchan was abusing me. But I didn't care that much.

I mean, I did want to go back. I wanted to see Todoroki. I wanted to apologise for all the pain I've made him feel. No matter how much I wanted to deny it.

"No, I don't want this..."

"We've thought about this. We have a plan so you can get back to the castle."

I suddenly lit up with excitement.

"Really!"

"Yep, that's what I'm for."

I looked over at Denki.

"What are you guys planning..."

********
Quickly I get ready and jump off the moving carriage. Trying not to shake it so it wouldn't wake up Bakugo. We we're all lucky that he never woke up as we were going through everything.

I waved goodbye to all of them, and wished them good luck. They did the same for me. I knew that if I hurried I could make it back to the castle.

The plan was quite simple. I switched clothes with Denki, and he would pretend to be me. We were even able to cover his hair, so that it would look like me at a first glance. But I didn't think about it much as I raced back towards the castle.

*Todoroki pov*

I was almost done getting ready for the ceremony. I had to wear all these fancy uncomfortable clothes. But I could barely think about what I was wearing. All I could think about was Midoriya.

I desperately missed him, and I wanted to know where he was. I wanted to know if he was truly happier wherever he was. I just wished that we could of had a proper goodbye.

I knew that I would have to go to the throne room very soon. In just a couple of minutes I would be crowned king. And I would be married to Yaoyorozu.

I couldn't think straight, I wanted to see him once last time. I did the only thing I could think of. I went over to his room. I went over to his bed, where I had put the note he wrote back. As sort of a rememberence.

I looked out the window.

"Oh Midoriya, why did it have to end like this..."

I got up to leave. I knew that I couldn't stay for much longer. But then I heard it faintly.

"Todoroki, Todoroki are you still there!"

Someone was calling my name from outside. I looked out the window and I saw him.

Midoriya!