Chapter Five - Of Bands and Demons

Rayna had given in to Lucifer's suggestion and asked her friends in Huntington Beach to meet at Lux, to which they agreed.
By the time 10pm came about, they were all together.
"Matty!" Rayna screamed, running into her friend's arms.
"Rayna! It's so good to see you!" Matt smiled, his huge muscular, heavily tattooed arms wrapping around her small form.
The rest of the band, Brian, Zacky, Johnny and Arin, stood around the pair, awaiting their hug from the girl.
When hugs were done, they made their way into the club to meet Lucifer.

The club was surprisingly quiet for a Friday night, but that thought soon left Rayna's mind when she began to hear piano music.
"Oh God..." Rayna sighed as she turned the corner to the dance floor balconies.
She looked down and saw Lucifer at his gorgeous black grand piano, playing and singing his heart out.
"This is your nightclub owner friend?" Brian asked, his jaw-length black scruffy hair flying in the breeze of his turning head.
"Yep. Lucifer Morningstar." Rayna sighed, resting her forearms on the balcony rail.

Once Lucifer was done entertaining the crowd, the typical EDM/House music came back on and the real party started. It wasn't long after that when Lucifer caught sight of Rayna, surrounded by her heavily tattooed company.
"Rayna, darling. I'm glad you decided to take up my offer. Are you going to introduce me?" He smiled, pulling her into a hug.
Rayna hesitated, but wrapped her arms around his slender waist.
"Yeah, this is Matt, Johnny, Brian, Arin and Zacky." She gestured to each one as she said their names. "They're in the metal band Avenged Sevenfold."
He smiled again, shaking each of their hands.
"Well, any friends of Rayna's are friends of mine. All drinks are on the house."
"Wow, thanks man." Brian was slightly shocked.
"Mazikeen!" Lucifer called over the music.
In a moment, one of the bar tenders appeared beside him.
She had a gorgeous darkish skin tone, dark brown hair and a very revealing outfit, in all black leather.
"Yeah?" She asked.
Rayna frowned, finding the girl – and her name – awfully familiar.
"Mazikeen?" She thought aloud. "As in, 'Torturer and right-hand woman to Lucifer' Mazikeen?"
"Boss, who's this?" Maze had the same look on her face – the look of familiarity.
"Remember a few centuries ago when I escaped Hell and went to Earth, then stumbled across a beautiful Vampire/Witch Hybrid? Well this is Rayna, the Heretic." Lucifer explained, looking rather proud as he used the official name for what Rayna was.
"Oh yeah, I remember you." Maze smirked, pointing a lazy finger at her.
"Yeah, same. It's good to see you again, Maze." Rayna smiled.
The three had clearly forgotten that they were in the company of Humans, but Rayna was the first to remember.
"Ah, you guys need some filling in." She gestured to the band next to her. "Lucifer Morningstar doesn't just share his name with the Devil, he is the Devil and Mazikeen here is... Well, his right-hand woman and favourite Torturer, as you heard."
The boys all made an 'o' with their mouths. Nothing surprised them anymore, ever since they found out who Rayna really was.
"So what was I summoned for?" Maze asked.
"Ah! Yes, drinks. On the house all night for our new friends." Lucifer clapped his hands together.
Mazikeen looked around at the band.
"I know you guys, you're a band right?" She gave a mischievous and flirty smirk.
"That's right. We're Avenged Sevenfold." Johnny nodded with a smile.
"Thought I recognised you guys. You're cool. What're you drinking?"
After taking their orders and getting their drinks, the group partied the night away.

The night drew on too quickly for everyone's liking and soon it was closing time.
"Damn it's that time already?" Rayna gasped, checking her phone.
"We can carry on upstairs in my penthouse if you want." Lucifer suggested.
"We gotta be up early for more practice and tour prep, but I can assure you, we all had an awesome night." Matt smiled, giving Rayna a soft side-hug.
"I'll catch up with you all soon, okay?" Rayna told them.
They all nodded, hugged it out and parted ways.

Upstairs, Lucifer and Rayna were left properly alone for the first time since they found each other again.
Rayna had taken her heels off and put her feet up on the couch, glass of Scotch in hand. Her dress; black, fitted, with a flowing skirt and large leg cut-out, draped across the rust orange leather, exposing the entirety of her right leg.
"Did I tell you how stunningly gorgeous you look tonight?" Lucifer smirked as he sat on the smaller section of the L-shaped couch, right by Rayna's head, which was propped up by her hand.
"You don't look so bad yourself." The Heretic winked, taking a sip of the Scotch as she took in his all black, three piece suit.
The room fell silent for a few moments.
"I thought of you for centuries after I left." Lucifer said, quietly.
Rayna looked up at him, hurt clear in her eyes.
"Why did it take you so long to come back to Earth?" She asked.
"I couldn't. It took eons for me to get back out of Hell. I only managed to leave a few years ago and when I did, I went to find you, but you seemed a little pre-occupied in England, so I came to Los Angeles instead, to start anew." Lucifer explained.
"You came back for me..." Rayna realised. "And when you saw I'd moved on, I hated you for it... Luci I'm so sorry..."
She sat up as Lucifer took her hand.
"It's alright, darling. This is my fault." He whispered, moving closer to her.
"I should've gotten the full story before I made a judgement..." She sighed.
"Hey." Lucifer frowned, using his index finger to lift her head up with her chin to face him. "Anyone else would've done the exact same thing. I don't blame you." He told her, sincerely.
It was a perfect moment and they both knew it. Staring into each other's eyes, leaning towards each other for the perfect kiss.
Just centimetres a part, lips practically touching, nothing could've been better.
"Lucifer, if you don't mind taking a break from your latest fling, I have to talk to you." A deep voice came from the elevator.
Lucifer closed his eyes and sighed heavily.
"Hello brother. Perfect timing as always." He said, reluctantly pulling away from the Heretic.
Rayna looked over, seeing a rather impatient looking Amenadiel.
But when the Angel saw who it was, he gasped.
"Rayna!" He exclaimed.
"Hello Amenadiel..." Rayna exhaled. "I'm going to the bathroom."
She got up and walked through Lucifer's bedroom to the En Suite.
Lucifer knew she was only trying to get away from the situation, as Vampires never needed to use the toilet, and so he sympathised with her since their moment had been ruined.
"How is she here?" Amenadiel asked, moving to sit on the couch next to his younger sibling.
"She's a Heretic, brother. Feel free to leave and take as much time as you like to figure out the answer to that question by yourself."
"I met our mother today. Care to do some explaining?" The older brother asked.
"Ah..." Lucifer nodded once.
"Why didn't you tell me she was back?" Amenadiel put his weight on one foot and folded his arms over his large, toned chest.
"Because I was a little busy trying to work out how to get rid of her." Lucifer said.
"Your mother?" Rayna gasped, appearing in the archway to Lucifer's bedroom.
"Unfortunately." Lucifer sighed.
"Oh..."