FOURTEEN

Exams.

One word that Jungkook had been dreading for weeks, but now he didn't have a choice but to get them done. He didn't sleep until 2-3 in the morning each night, the lamp on his desk illuminating the dark circles under his eyes.

During this exhausting week, Taehyung and Jungkook barely saw each other since the younger was eating in his bedroom, if he was eating. As for Taehyung, he was becoming quite worried about his roommate.

He had to admit that the atmosphere of the apartment was more gloomy now that he didn't hear the soft giggles nor see that sweet bunny smile.

One evening, Jungkook was once again sitting at his desk, his computer opened in front of him along with his binder full of notes. His last exam was tomorrow, and he felt like his brain couldn't take it anymore. The more information he tried to insert in his mind, even more seemed to come out.

Doubt started to infest his thoughts. What if he failed is exam? What if his parents learned about it? He couldn't imagine what they would do to him if he failed. He wasn't even sure if he had succeeded in his previous exams. Suddenly, everything was crashing down on him.

The boy broke into sobs, and his body shook with small tremors. He brought his trembling hands to his face, the palms quickly becoming wet with salty tears. He knew it. He knew he couldn't live up to his parents expectations. He wasn't the perfect son they always wanted.

He was so engrossed in his thoughts that he didn't hear the door open behind him. 

Taehyung was quite shocked at the scene before him. It was the second time he saw the younger in a state of distress, and it was still breaking his heart.

He slowly approached Jungkook and gently put his hand on his shoulder. Jungkook jumped, startled from the sudden contact. He turned his head to look at the intruder, vaguely recognizing Taehyung through his blurred vision.

Both were surprised when Jungkook lurched for the older's body, embracing his waist tightly, his vulnerable self yearning for comfort. Taehyung started to run one hand through the boy's hair, while the other one rubbed his back in a comforting manner. 

Jungkook was now crying into Taehyung's shirt, slowly forming a dark spot onto it. "Shh, it's okay baby, everything's gonna be alright."

The nickname had come naturally, even though Jungkook wasn't in little space, but for now Taehyung didn't question it. 

"I-I'll n-never be able to s-succeed..." News sobs shook the younger's ribcage. 

"Hey, don't say that, I'm sure you're going to nail this exam." Jungkook didn't say anything else, and just let his hyung comfort him. 

When Jungkook decided to go to sleep, Taehyung was about to leave the room when Jungkook's words halted his steps.

"Can you sleep with me, please?" He asked in a soft tone, looking at his feet. The older smiled fondly.

"Of course." 

When the weekend finally arrived, a happy Jungkook came barging into Taehyung's room. He jumped on his caregiver's sleeping form, waking him up almost instantly. The man groaned in protestation.

"Five more minutes..." But the little wouldn't take no for an answer. His grown up mind had been under a lot of stress these past couple of days, and now his little self was more active than ever. 

"No~! Wanna plway now!" Taehyung's sleepy state faded almost instantly when he realized his little boy had made an appearance. After all, it was almost bound to happen with the though week Jungkook had had. For now, the older let his bratty behavior slide.

"Alright, alright, I'm up." 

After a breakfast made of pancakes covered with maple sirups and pieces of fruits on the side, (Count an extra ten minutes to washed the sticky liquid off Jungkook's hands and chin) Taehyung proposed to go visit Jimin and Yoongi for a play date.

Taehyung was kind of worried with what happened between the two men, but he knew that they had to resolve this issue sooner or later. Plus, Jimin would make a great friend for Jungkook, he was sure of it.

Jungkook was hesitant at first, since he still recalled the argument that they had had, but with a few encouraging words from Taehyung, he finally agreed.

After calling Yoongi to ask if they could come over, the older giving the green light, Taehyung asked Jungkook to go brush his teeth. Next came bath time, which Jungkook fuss a little about.

"No~, don't wanna!" Taehyung sighed.

"What's rule number five baby?" Jungkook frown a bit as he thought about it.

"Hum, l-listen to... what Daddy t-tells you?" His face deflated as he realized what he was saying.

"That's right. Now you're going to take your bath without whining okay?" That wasn't a question, more like a statement.

With a grumpy face, Jungkook followed his daddy to the bathroom. 

"Arms up baby." The little complied, even though he didn't want to. The t-shirt that served as his sleeping top came off as well as his joggers.

Before he had started to help the younger strip, Taehyung had open the tap to let warm water fill the tub. Now that it was filled enough, he closed the tap and motioned for Jungkook to climb into the bathtub.

"Daddy, can I have the duck?" Taehyung grabbed the yellow plastic toy that was in a basket beside the tub, but didn't hand it to the little yet.

"What's the magic word sweetheart?" Jungkook made grabby hands to his caregiver.

"Please!" Immediately Jungkook began to play with the rubber duck, producing background noises while Taehyung washed him with soap.

An hour later, Jungkook was all dressed in blue overalls and a white long-sleeved shirt covered with small red airplanes. When they were about to leave, Taehyung helped him tie his black converse. Jungkook thanked the older before grabbing his hand.

And thus the two of them left to go meet the couple.

Hello! This is kind of a filler chapter setting the tone for the next. I hope you enjoyed it either way. Don't forget to vote and comment :)

XOX