epilogue

Theo's POV

Little by little the insecurities she harbors from her past begin to evaporate like water from a boiling pot or dew from the grass. I'd like to think I have something to do with it - everything to do with her healing. What he stole from her over the years left her in torn fragments that I continue to piece back together. She knows she's not irreparable and that in time all the hurt will only be memories eventually filled with better ones. With me.

From the very first moment she landed in my arms, there was a spark. Actually, no, that's not significant enough. It was more like a flame being thrown onto gasoline. Goldilocks kept on appearing out of nowhere. Everywhere. If that's not fate then fate doesn't exist.

From her first touch, I wanted more. I could spend a lifetime touching her, and I still wouldn't surmount to enough. I need forever. From the first kiss, she had my heart. It was hers to do with as she pleased, and boy did she please. She's pleased me every day since then.

She's excellent with Tom. No, perfect with him. What you dream of when introducing the person you love into your child's life.

She's patient and understanding with Maura, kind even, making it simple for Tom to have a healthy relationship with his mum, and me to be able to offer Maura financial aid as she's getting back on her feet without there being an ounce of jealousy, only ever support from Ro.

She gives me everything to make me feel whole. Complete. Everything. Intact.

All of the fragments of the son that my mum took with her when she abandoned me, Rosalie infiltrated what leftovers there were of mine that I never wanted to give to another woman. She breathed life, security, and love back into me.

When the time came to stop hiding and share our love with the most vital halves of our lives, it wasn't easy for them all. The boys immediately became brothers, but Cami had tears, pain, doubt, the feelings of betrayal and replacement of her dad. It killed me to see her hurt, but over time I began to grow on her.

I will continue to keep on proving myself to Cami, just as I did for Rosalie. I don't want to take the place of her father as I never will, but I'll stop at nothing until she knows that I'm not going to hurt her mum. In turn, I won't hurt her. I'll protect them, all of them, until my light dims and all that's left is dark. They are my yesterday, my today, my future.

Speaking of the future, Ro and I have been talking about having a baby of our own. More like me talking her into having a baby together. Okay, I'm begging her to have my baby. I can imagine having a little girl that is a mix of me and Ro. Or only Ro. I hope she would have her crystal-blue eyes, so clear they're transparent into her soul. Yeah, I'm hopelessly in love with Ro. So in love with her, I selfishly want our DNA to unify, to make one tiny perfect human. Our perfect human.

Not only that, but she also deserves the perfect pregnancy. One that she hasn't experienced before. One I want to give her, making right the previous wrongs. She should feel beautiful, and it will be a time of excitement and happiness, not pain and loneliness, as she explained of her two pregnancies. I would massage her swollen feet, rub her growing bump and singing sweet melodies to our unborn daughter or son every day. I would tell her how sexy I think she is up until the moment she gives birth (because I know she will be), and most importantly, I want her to feel what it's like to have someone to share all this joy with. Me.

It's New Year's Eve, and it's been a year since I told my girl I love her, but not since I fell in love with her. We plan on going to my father's annual celebration but not before we start a new tradition of our own that involves her clan and mine.