16 - Sorry

The following week Louis started to go to work with a huge smile on his face, with only one cup of coffee and hair and teeth brushed nicely. He could give many excuses to explain this but only one seems to be the correct one. On Friday he will drive off to Doncaster and only come back on Monday. There's some kind of Holiday because of being on half spring term or something like that, Louis doesn't care the reason why because he doesn't need to work, he will visit his family and this time he will go feeling a little bit less miserable.

Louis had noticed the way Zayn has been behaving. True, it's weird, but after the conversation they had Louis understands it more or less. Zayn still hasn't told him about what he did, so he is sure he doesn't pretend to. He is just going to let Louis live without knowing that Liam knows a bit more of his past. The past he doesn't even know about Liam.

He walks through the corridor with his bag over one shoulder and a book he finished reading under his other arm. He smiles at the students and teachers who greet him and when he looks at one side, he sees Jonathan against a locker smiling at other guy. Louis concludes that it must be his best friend from what he remembers. At least he is okay.

Louis reaches the car with Zayn already in. The radio is on and he is looking into some papers, probably essays from his students. Louis goes to the driver seat since Zayn is using the passenger one.

"You're late." He says firstly when Louis sits next to him.

"Yeah, sorry," he turns around to put his bag and book on the back seat. "Needed to let some stuff done with the students and ended up finishing class later." Zayn puts the keys to start the car in Louis' turn, since he was the one having them.

Louis drives the car off from the parking lot. "Do you want to go somewhere?"

"No. Do you have anything in mind?"

"I need to pass by Harry's. But first I need to go to the flat to pick his stuff so I'll drop you off there."

"Sure." Zayn says, turning the volume from the radio lower. "At what time you're going today?"

"The train leaves at six." Louis answers. Zayn nods and Louis wonders what he is going to do these three days at home till Louis comes back. He could ask him to come as well but Louis feels like Zayn is not in the mood to handle Louis' family and he probably has work to do... Maybe he is going to visit his family as well. Even if they live in London, he doesn't see them very often so.

When Louis reaches the flat they climb the stairs and he tries to pack the best he can so when he comes from Harry's he doesn't have to do much. It's half past four so he has exactly an hour and fifteen minutes to get ready. This needs to be enough.

After getting his hygiene stuff prepared and put two pair of jeans, three sweatshirts and underwear in his bag he gets Harry's clothes (the oh so long forgotten shorts and t–shirt) and puts it in a small bag so he can go give it to him.

Let them be so we can have an excuse to see each other again, it's a good time to use that excuse right? Louis just wants to see him before going away for the weekend. Though, he could simply go there and tell Harry hey I just came here to see you and say goodbye since I'm going away for three days. No... He couldn't. He would feel pathetic, not knowing how Harry would react. It'd be awkward, so yes, good time to use that excuse.

"I'll be back in some minutes." He shouts on the hallway while Zayn is in the kitchen, probably watching TV. He shouts back an okay and Louis takes it as his cue to walk out.

The way to Harry's takes ages because of the traffic, taking him more than fifteen minutes. He is already stressing out just by thinking that maybe he won't have enough time. But damn, he wants to see Harry, he needs to.