8 - Neon lights

» after last chapter reaching more votes than the usual (like wut) i think this one deserved to be better and not that shitty , and it took me soooo long , im sorry but i had writer's block so this is the result of it *sigh*

~*~

It's all too weird at the moment. Weird in the meaning of different and Louis is just not used to this weirdness and change in his life. On the first day after letting Harry leave and seeing Zayn there smiling at him, Louis needed to take that time to be alone. To just sort things out. In the next morning Louis felt different and even though he didn't sleep really well (awfully really) he felt a bit more alive. Everything seemed to have more colour. But he ended up spending the whole day on the couch with Zayn.

He called his sister on day three and on day four, 29th of December, a lovely but still cold morning of Monday he decided to call Liam so they could all have a nice breakfast out.

Liam appears smelling like expensive cologne, it's different so they bet it was a Christmas present.

"Good morning!" Louis says first, all dressed up already when opens the door for Liam.

"Morning! You look good," he comments and with a roll of eyes Louis adds.

"Like always."

"Obviously." Liam jokes. "Glad you took Zayn out of bed."

"Yes, so glad." Zayn comments strictly while dressing his leather jacket, quiet vigorously, making Liam laugh with his performance.

"Anyway, where do you wanna go this morning?" Liam asks and Louis notices he is talking to Zayn.

"I think it's my turn to choose the place."

Zayn sighs as if he was dealing with a kid with ten years old. "All right, choose, Louis."

"I want to go to that coffee shop you talked about and we went to the last time," he says looking at Liam this time, who is still close to the front door.

Both men look at each other and then at Louis, surprised. Louis plays oblivious of the scene and asks, adding innocently. "What? We didn't have the chance to even try the food. Zayn, man, c'mon, you might have a reason to cut Liam's balls, we still don't know if the food sucks." Louis jokes and grabs his jacket from the handle.

No one comments it and Liam still leads them there again through the street, even though this time Louis knows the way by heart now. They don't comment on it either because everything can change his mood, they don't know, but Louis looks fine and he even greets the people on the elevator from their flat and that's probably the first time he does it.

They arrive at the café and Louis chooses the same table he sat the last time he was there to speak with Harry, close to the window. This morning the place seems comfier than the other times and it's probably not only because it's warmer in than outside and the lights around are nice and yellow.

Louis looks around the place, the blonde guy he talked to is getting ready to start playing in a few moments. The same girl that took their orders the last time comes to their table again with the same polite smile, same perfect hair and the nicest blue eyes ever.

They end up ordering the same because Louis really wants to try it and he is sure this time he won't run away.

His heart is still beating too fast and he feels a bit anxious but everything is under control now. He sees Harry on the balcony and he still didn't notice Louis' presence probably because he is too busy with the clients, of course.

It's only been three days since he saw the younger guy but he already looks different in Louis' eyes. Louis didn't find the courage to send him a text message because he wouldn't know what to say, neither he passed by here to look at him from outside. He had no reason to do it now.