1 - Drowning

"Louis, we are already late!"

"I told you to set up the alarm last night, you dickhead!" Louis shouts jumping in one leg through the small hall, while trying to put on his sock on the other foot, in the air.

"Yes because your majesty can't set his own so I need to wake you up every morning. I told you that this year would be different, Louis."

"You said the same shit last week." Louis rolls his eyes stopping in front of the door from the flat, putting on his vans and groaning every time his bag falls from his shoulder.

"This time I'm serious."

"Yeah... you said that too." Louis smirks, teasing and kisses Zayn's cheek. The dark haired bloke sighs in annoyance because he knows everything he says in the morning is the effect of his lack of sleep so, or he forgets the episode or will eventually threat Louis and... forget about it as well. "You are never ready in time." Zayn says opening the door for the blue eyed boy, who walks by in a weird way, shaking his hips and probably trying to show how important he is.

"Actually, there was a time when I was a really punctual person... I just gave up on that." Louis keeps with the teasing grin while they walk to the elevator, after Zayn locked the door and put the key on his own bag.

"I would pay to know you before college, you seemed such a nice person." Zayn puts his arm around Louis' shoulder, pulling him closer while the doors shuts, after Louis clicking the button to the first floor. Zayn's voice still has a glimpse of amusement but it softens a bit.

Louis laughs and punches him on the chest friendly but doesn't make any effort to pull his arms away.

The lift stops for the old lady from the floor underneath them and then half way to an unknown man. They only know the old lady –but not her name though –, who once saved their lives because they were out of sugar; and Zayn needs his sugar at the end of the day and in the morning or he throws all his frustration at Louis. But no one else. No need to blame them since their flat has too many people living here, it's like a whole neighbourhood, and they're here only for two months –since it's just the beginning of November. 

The traffic is terrible and that only makes Zayn complaining even more because, Louis you're no longer in a small village, this is London and there are actual people living here, so try to move your big ass faster in the morning, please.

If he hadn't said please and if he wasn't driving, Louis would punch him, but Zayn was polite and he wants to live for a little bit more.

~*~

"Let me guess, you two were late again this morning, weren't you?"

"Guess whose fault was?" Zayn rolls his eyes putting his cold coffee in the bin before exiting the teacher's room.

"Are we playing this game again, guys?" Louis protests

"Of course, every time I need to pay your lunch because you two didn't have time to pack something from home or bring your wallet."

"Liam, don't call that place home..." Louis warns him, in frustration but is ignored by the two taller men.

"Liam, you understand my side don't you? Otherwise other people, I'm a real teacher so I've got a schedule." Zayn looks at Louis, raising his brow. Louis notices the irony and amusement but still plays hurt. 

"Excuse me, I'm not the one teaching our mother language to other English people. That's just stupid." Louis scoffs while they walk to the exit, walking by some students who greet them with a quiet good evening and a small smile.