31 - Hour

Four hours have passed. Four. So it's now 9pm and in this space of time a lot happened.

Louis was calm during fifteen minutes while Niall kept trying to comfort him even though he also needed someone to be by his side in that moment. But it wasn't possible and if he didn't keep holding Louis, the older man would have a break down right there.

It was all kind of controlled until a doctor appeared. Right in that instant Louis raised his head and when he saw the man with the white vest he stood up as fast as possible, not letting Niall stopping him and grabbed the man to make him speak. The only answer he got was that he needed to wait because they still couldn't give him information. Louis started shouting like a mad man and Zayn appeared right when he yelled how the hell can you know who I am talking about if I didn't give you a name?

It wasn't the worst state Zayn had seen him but the truth is that he knew that it was going to get worse. He took Louis back to the seat, crouched himself in front of him and grabbed his wrists on his lap. Louis tried to fight as always but Zayn is still stronger so he kept him still without saying any word.

It was still too early for Louis to understand that he needed to wait for someone to tell him the good or bad news, so that was when he started crying. Tears didn't stop streaming down his face and he couldn't even hide it with the way Zayn was holding his wrists and keep him sat on the chair and he didn't even have a shoulder to wash his tears because Niall and Liam – who of course came with Zayn – were watching a couple of steps away and it wasn't Zayn choice to hug his best friend.

Words like he promised he wouldn't leave me, we fought today I can't handle this and I'm not going to live without him started leaving Louis' mouth and it only made Zayn's grip on his wrist get tighter. The pain flew through Louis' veins and uncontrolled sobs made those words sound incoherent.

Little one, listen to my voice. You can't deal with this situation like this. You will wait like everybody else in this building is doing and you will have faith. Don't make this hard for you, for us and for the people around who is watching you. You are going to be strong. As strong as Harry is being there. He got this. I got you.

It didn't make Louis stop crying and shaking, but he started to be quieter. Zayn allowed himself to sit next to him, after his small speech and hold Louis' hand on his lap, looking at him. It was like this for thirty minutes where Niall learnt that the way he dealt with Louis wasn't in the most of part the best but also not the worse and where Louis kept between his quiet sobs looking at the floor and mumbling this is nightmare and I'm going to wake up soon.

After those thirty minutes Zayn sat next to Niall, who explained to him what he knew about the accident. Zayn had his eyes watering but he didn't cry, he blinked the tears away and sat again next to Louis again, whispering I'm going to be by your side now, who made the blue eyed guy whimpering but didn't say a word, allowing his best friend to be there for now.

So they still don't know a thing. Another doctor walks to the waiting room but only to talk with other group of people. The news are bad and Zayn needs to keep Louis next to him as if he was a child, stopping him to stand up and attack the doctor.

The way the people react to the news are no good and apparently Louis can't handle it as well. He hears something about coma and it brings chills to his spine. He stands up, literally pushing Zayn off of him and walks away from the room. Zayn decides not to follow him because that's what Louis does when it's too much, he finds space and isolates himself. Zayn doesn't know how to deal with these yet and he thinks he never will, especially when it's something he knows Harry can deal with. Something Harry is the cause of.