Part 20 Final: When We Meet Again

"Breaking News: the place called Banished City had a terrorist attack and the City is claimed to be no more. We head to the scene of it all." The screen jumps to another reporter.

"Yes. One week ago, the City was attacked by terrorists. They carried explosives and went on a rampage through the city. So far, we have found no survivors and it's not looking like there will be any." The screen is turned off by a man.

"Is that all you're going to watch nowadays?" he says.

"Turn it back on," another man demands.

"Jimin, that was 2 years ago. Why do you persist in watching it?"

"Tae... you wouldn't understand," Jimin says.

"Didn't you grow up there?" Tae questions.

"No, but I knew people there..." he replies, still staring at the blank screen.

"Well, I need to head to work now and you should too." Tae grabs his things and heads out the door.

"Y/n." Jimin stands up, looking out the window over the city. "I hope you are resting well," he says, walking to the door.

On his way to work, he passes a convenience store. He doesn't think much of it but he realises he has never noticed it before.

Jimin arrives at work, sets his things down at his desk and starts working. A few hours in, Jimin stands up to get a drink. He picks his drink from the nearest machine and is about to walk back to his seat when he hears a familiar voice.

"Yeah, I know. I've only been here for a few weeks but I'm getting used to it." Jimin turns around to see a man but his face looked... different. It wasn't as familiar as the voice.

The man looks at Jimin. "Can I help you, Mr Park?" he says.

"How do you know my name?" Jimin asks.

"Well... you're quite popular in the section I work in so it's hard not to know about you," he chuckles.

"Do I know you?" Jimin asks the man.

"I don't think we've met before, Mr Park. Sorry," he says, leaving.

"Is there any chance you lived in Banished City?" Jimin says. The man pauses for a brief moment and then turns around.

"Now... what makes you think that?" he asks.

"Well, you look like a man I used to know... but he looked a bit different."

"Mr Park, Banished City was attacked 2 years ago. There was only a small number who survived and they were children," he says.

"Right... sorry for bothering you," Jimin says. He walks away.

"Still just as stupid as before," the man whispers and walks away.

"Hey Jimin! What took you so long?" one of the workers asks.

"I just ran into someone," Jimin replies.

"Okay. Hey, your shift is almost over. Why don't you call it a day?"

"Are you sure the boss won't mind?"

"Nah, I'll finish the rest of the work. Now go," he says.

"Okay, see you tomorrow. Thanks." Jimin leaves the office room.

"I've worked with that boy for a whole year now and he still doesn't know who I am. So rude," the man whines.

"Jungkook, Jimin didn't see you that much, you know," another man says.