Chapter eighteen

Billy turned and started to run to the stairwell. I ran after him up the remaining flights of stairs to the roof. Once we made it to the roof Billy ran and jumped off the edge and yelled "SHAZAM!"

"Wait! Billy what about me?" I yelled at the floating figure.

"Jump."

"Are you crazy? I'm not like you!"

"I'll catch you I promise."

And with that I jumped off and suddenly I was flying above dozens of houses. I was started to get used to the feeling but then Billy landed in our backyard with a loud 'BOOM' and honestly, I felt like I was going to faint.

"Kick his ass, Billy!" we heard Pedro yell from inside the house. Then a man that was inside with them, obviously the supervillain Freddy yelled about, made a smoke creature come out of his hands towards my family.

"Yes, Billy. Try it by all means." the man yelled.

"Let them go and I'll come inside." Billy responded.

"No, first, you come inside, then maybe I'll let them go." I could tell Billy was contemplating about doing what he said. That was when the creature snarled at my siblings.

"Billy..." I whispered. But he didn't listen and started walking towards the house. When the man saw this he retracted the creature back into his hand.

"Good boy." the man walked to us so Billy lightly pushed me in the direction of the couch with the others. "Because that's all you are, isn't it? How old are you?" the man taunted Billy.

"Basically 15." Billy responded and the man started to inspect his face.

"When I was a child, the old man told me I want good enough. Yet he you are, a coward. Run from and the wizard chooses you? You're not a hero. But I'm gonna give you the opportunity to be one. Give me the power of the champion."

"No, Bill... don't do it. Don't listen to this old ass man! You're not a coward." I yell at Billy.

"No. Don't do it, Billy." Freddy agrees with me.

The man shoots what looks like lightning out of his hand at the cupboard under the stairs and symbols appear on the door and it opened to reveal a dark cave. "Give me the power and I'll let them go."

"Darla. Darla, no." Mary called after her because she ran to Billy's side.

"Don't go, Billy. Don't go. Don't go Billy." Darla cried into Billy's stomach.

"Darla, come here." me and Mary said to her, pulling her off of Billy.

"No, I-I have to. It's what a good brother would do. Right?"

"Be careful" I mouthed to Billy.

"Billy..." Freddy called out to him as he walked into the cave.

We all looked after them as they walked away. Once they were a good distance away I came up with a plan.

"Okay, we're going to somehow help Billy, I don't know how but we will. Everyone grab something to fight with just incase, we might not do any damage but it'll distract him long enough for Billy to get him." I explained.

"Like what?" Eugene asked.

"I don't know! Anything!" I said frantically. Truth to be told, I don't think Billy can beat this guy on his own.

"Ok, we will, just calm down Y/N." Mary said to me.

"I can't! I'm scared he'll get hurt. I love him and I can't lose him!" I yelled at everyone, tears sliding down my cheek. Everyone was shocked but I ignored it.

"We'll help Billy, don't worry." Freddy said trying to calm me down by rubbing my back.

Our weapons were... well terrible, but it was something. I grabbed a kitchen knife, Freddy had his Batarang, and Eugene had some type of gun that shot ping pong balls. Those were the better ones but then Pedro had a lamp, Darla had the head of a vacuum, and Mary... well Mary had a textbook. While everyone were figuring out what to get I did a little research and I found out this supervillain's name was Dr. Thaddeus Sivana. He funded a project of mass hysteria about people appearing in this cave and being tested by a wizard. When we finally made our way to where Billy and the man were, we saw that there were 7 creatures around Billy. They looked just like the one that was in the living room.

"They're using you. You have to see that, that they are using you." Billy said to Dr. Sivana.

"Say your name." Dr. Sivana said to him and then he was hit in the head by Freddy's Batarang.

"Nice throw!" I whispered to Freddy.

"His name is Captain Sparklefingers."

"And we're gonna keep throwing things at your big, fat, ugly-eyed head, until you let our brother go." Darla said quite sassily.

Then Dr. Sivana made all the creatures go back inside him and he started walking to us. Until Billy grabbed the Batarang off the floor and stabbed him in the shoulder and threw him off to the side.

"Boy, am I glad I didn't sell that Batarang. Pedro, is that a lamp?" Billy said very relived.

"It's an ugly one." Pedro responded.

"Come on. Come on. Come on. Guys, I appreciate the thought, I really do, but I don't think your weapons are gonna help. You can put 'em down now." Billy said to us as we were running to where we came through.

"The door was right here." Eugene said to us.

"Billy, how do we get outta here?" Mary asked him.

"What, you think I know? I don't know." Billy responded.

"Wait! Didn't you say that you thought of the subway and then you were back on the subway?" I asked Billy frantically.

"Yes! Oh my God, Y/N you're a genius!" Billy said happily to me.

"Okay. Then, Billy, look, think about the subway. Think about any place except for here, okay?" Freddy explains to Billy. He then turned around and saw Dr. Sivana a few meters away. Billy turned back to us and focused on a place and the lightning symbol on his chest started to get brighter. Then when I opened my eyes we were... in a strip club.