Chapter fourteen

After school Freddy was so mad at Billy because he never showed. He looked on social media to see if anyone had posted about him, which people did. As of right now Billy was on the Rocky Steps, showing off his powers. So right after we got out of school we made our way there. When we finally did (Freddy had to stop a few times because of his disablement) you could hear Billy sing to "Eye of the Tiger".

"Hands. Lightning with my hands. Lighting with my hands. Lightning with my hands." Billy was singing while showing off his powers.

"Freddy! Stop! What are you doing?" I whisper yell at Freddy because he was walking straight to Billy and I knew that he was going to do something stupid.

"Hey! Hey!" Freddy says to get Billy's attention.

"Hey, young man." Billy says but then Freddy kicks the speaker that was playing the music, making it stop. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm in the middle of a show right now. How can I help you?" Billy says with a look of surprise written on his face.

"I just wanna say thank you for coming to lunch today."  Freddy says sarcastically and Billy realizes that he forgot. "Yeah, I got a little something called a suitcase wedgie, right? I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it's when someone grabs your underwear like that and hold you like a suitcase. And walks you down the hallway. And this, was my underwear." Freddy continues showing with his hands what it is and throws his torn up underwear at Billy.

"Gross." Billy says dodging the underwear and people laugh.

"You said you'd come." Freddy says disappointed.

"You said I would come, I never said I was... I'm a superhero dude." he responds irritated.

"Well, you're acting real heroic. How much are people paying you today?" Freddy says returning the irritation.

"Listen, I have serious responsibilities now, okay? But that's cool because I can carry that burden with my... hands." Billy says continuing to show off this powers by shooting lightning into the sky. "Lightning with my hands." he sings but this time the sky takes the lightning and redirects it to a bus, hitting it making it lose control. When Billy sees this he speeds off to the bridge where the bus was.

"Oh my god! We have to get over there!" I tell Freddy.

"Really? He's the one who did it!" he responds mad, yelling at me.

"Look, I know you're mad at him but don't take it out on me. Those people could die. That's what matters to me." I say starting to walk over to the bridge.

"Y/N! Wait up!" Freddy calls after me. "Look I'm sorry I snapped at you. It's just that Billy changed since he got his powers and he's famous." he says walking beside me.

"I know. And I'm sorry that I haven't hung out with you as much anymore. It wasn't my plan for Billy to get between us." I say stopping.

"Yeah that kinda sucked. I missed messing with my little sister." he says smiling.

"Don't make me take it back! I could go and only be with Billy and never talk to you again." I say crossing my arms pretending to be mad.

"Whatever. You'd never be able to stay away from me!" he responds.

"I love you." I say hugging him.

"I love you too." he says returning the hug.

"Okay, now lets get over there and see the damage he's done." I say pulling away.

When we finally get to the bridge we can already hear the police, news reporters, and crowds of people. When we get through the crowd we saw that Billy was doing an interview so we waited a little. When he was finished Freddy walked over to him and he was mad, even more than before. When Billy saw us he got really excited.

"Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys, did you see that?" he says excitedly.

"Yeah. You electrocuted a bus and almost killed these people." Freddy responds.

"And then I caught it! Freddy, Y/N I caught a bus with my bare hands! I caught a bus like people catch flying balls! Like, who does that? I do that!" Billy says still very excited.

"Billy! You do nothing. You take selfies and make people pay you. You know what, forget it. I can't really talk to you when you look like this." Freddy says and starts to turn away, I start to walk away as well.

"You just wish it was you." I hear Billy say to Freddy.

"Billy!" I say turning around, gasping at what he just said. He knew this because of what I told him, and now he's using it against Freddy.

"No shit! You think? I would kill for what you have. Because everything I do is, like, some desperate attempt to get people to notice me." Freddy says and I feel like I should've talked to him more. Now Billy is regretting what he said. "To not feel sorry for me. I mean, look at me! Look at me. Do you even see me? 'Cause most people don't. 'Cause they don't want to. And now you don't either. I mean, you think this is who you are? I mean, Billy you're 14, and now you're no better than the Breyers." Freddy says and Billy is worrying to see if anyone heard that he's 14. It genuinely makes me mad that that's what he's worried about. "All this power, and all you did was turn into a showoff and a bully." Freddy finishes and turns away, me following him putting my arm through his and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Whatever, kid! I do what I want! And I'm like, mid-20's probably! Maybe even, like, 30!" I hear Billy call out to Freddy but we just ignore him because this time he went too far. Maybe what Freddy said at dinner yesterday was right; Billy became narcissistic.