Ignore the hate

Over the next few days I began to notice how Jodie was distancing herself from me. Her smile was never as bright and at night we didn't speak, she simply just felt straight to sleep. I looked at her sleeping form before placing a kiss on her lips and then buried my face into her chest so I could sleep.

There she sat. Alone . By now I was really concerned for her. All she did was sit on her phone . At the end of the day we walked back to my hotel room but I didn't let her leave my sight.
"What's going on?" She froze. Patiently I waited.
"I don't know what you're talking about ." The blonde woman muttered not looking at me. As she finished her sentence, I sat her down only for her to keep her gaze down on her knees.
"Don't lie to me. What's wrong? I'm not mad... I'm just really worried." I knelt in front of her only to see how teary her eyes were.
"You're worried ?" Jodies voice was a little weaker than normal. Knowing what I had to do, I just looked at her worried in hopes that she'd finally crack and open up to me. And she did. Tears began to stream from her eyes.
"T-they hate me (y/n) ." Quickly I pulled her forward into my arms , letting her cry softly.
"No one hates you sweetheart." My hand ran up and down her back gently.
"They do. I see it all. Online. T-they want me gone. I tried to ignore it
(y/n) I really did but I can't anymore."  She sniffled weakly. Carefully , keeping her in my arms , I moved myself from the floor and onto the bed next to her.
"Those people are entitled to that opinion all that want but you can't let it get to you. You know how much people love you . I love you. And, quite frankly,you're doing an amazing job. Please try to see this?" Delicately I wiped the tears from her face and kissed her lips gently.
"Promise?"
"I promise you."

We lay not so gracefully across the bed , her head on my chest and our legs intertwined. Slowly she sat up and kissed my lips a few times before laying back down again and falling asleep.