Supply run (part 1)

Jake awoke with Dirk's arm around him. Yesterday had been a wonderful for them, well in Jakes opinion it was. They had kissed for the second time, and then they cuddled together and fell asleep to the sound of rain and thunder, yep it was a pretty wonderful day indeed. Jake was just contemplating on wether or not to awake Dirk, when someone suddenly knocked on their door. Dirk bolted upright in bed, gadzooks, Jake thought, he seemed to be fast asleep just a second ago." I got it," Dirk put on his sunglasses and walked over to the door. Jake stood up to go see who their visitor was and found Roxy standing on their porch."Hello Roxy!" He greeted cheerfully."Hey guys, I just wanted to ask if you two could come into town with me today to help get supplies for the prom." She smiled, clearly very excited."we would be happy too!" Jake responded!"Right Dirk?" He looked to his half-asleep partner."Oh, yeah, sure." Dirk replied quickly."Great, just be sure to leave your campers with another group, until you get back." She turned and walked back to the path.
"Well, I better go tell John and Dave that they will be watching our campers today." Jake dressed, pulling on a pair of jeans and green converse."Yeah, okay, I'm going to go back to sleep," Dirk mumbled."Righty-o, Just be ready to go by nine!" Jake replied, walking out the door. He stopped at the communal restrooms to brush his teeth and noted that the bottle of hair gel he shared with Dirk was empty. Oh well, he thought to himself, he could hold up for one day without it, he would however strongly resemble his cousin John. He made his way to the hawk cabins, turning to the first one, which had an adjustable nameplate labeled John Egbert and Dave Strider in red and blue lettering. He knocked on the door, hearing scuffling and laughter inside followed by a "dude, this is dumb" and more laughter before an odd looking John opened the door. It wasn't so much John that was odd as much as it was his clothing, because it wasn't his clothing. He wore a red boxers and a raglan with red sleeves and a record disk symbol in the center along with Dave's sunglasses on his face, his hair was parted to the side."Hey, it's David Elizabeth Strider, the swag king, what's up bro?" John greeted in a ridiculous low voice."What in the dickens are you doing John?" Jake inquired irritatedly, why did John have two be so immature?"Nope, I'm Dave! John is right here." John was trying not to laugh as he pulled over Dave, who's strikingly red eyes were framed by John's glasses, that hardly surprised Jake though, as he had become accustomed to Dirk's odd eye color."Hey. I lost a bet so I have to tell you that I am a John." Dave greeted blatantly."That's not how I would say it!" John elbowed Dave."Whatever." Jake interrupted."I just wanted to tell you that we need you to watch our campers today, because me and Dirk are going to town with Roxy to get supplies."Yeah, sure bro, with my swag, the campers are going to be totally fine." John tried to lean against the door frame but missed and had to be caught by Dave."Thanks, chums." Jake said, walking away. They were a rather odd pair, those two, but Jake couldn't help but feel jealous of how comfortable they were with each other. Dirk was amazing, but it wasn't always easy for Jake to understand him, and that always left room for awkward silences and tension between them.
"Tally ho Dirk, are you ready to go?" Jake called in to their cabin. Dirk better not still be sleeping, he thought to himself."No, don't come in, I can't come, we are out of hair gel." Dirk yelled from inside the cabin."Seriously Dirk, it can't be that bad!" Jake recalled the amount of effort Dirk put into the spiky hairdo that he usually wore."No, dude, this shit is unreal. Just give me ten minutes." Dirk yelled."By god, Dirk, I'm coming in, it can't be so terrible!" Jake barged in, looking at Dirk, who was staring intently into a mirror. He honestly was being ridiculous, despite the bangs covering his forehead, Dirk didn't even look that different."Seriously, Dirk, you look absolutely fine." Jake told him."Really?" Dirk looked embarrassed, now that was a new look for him, Jake liked it when he couldn't hide his emotions behind his sunglasses."Yes, now come on, Roxy is waiting for us!" Jake pulled Dirk away from the mirror and out the door.
"Hey guys, jump in!" Roxy screeched up to them in a red pick up truck as they were walking. Jake noted that Jane was riding shotgun, and looking terrified."Are you by any chance driving, Roxy?" Jake asked nervously."Of course! Why?" She asked obliviously."No reason." He responded as they climbed into the back seats. Dirk gave him a confused look, and before he had a chance to respond, Roxy sped forward, throwing them out of their seats."Whooohooo, let's go!" She yelled. Jake buckled his seatbelt and saw Dirk do the same, this was going to be a long drive.