Christmas eve

Your pov

You sit picking at a small loose thread on the bed sheet, staring off into the void. 

“(y/n)?” You jump, and look up at Alastor. 

“I’m sorry.” You didn’t know what to say. 

“You have nothing to be sorry for.” You look up and see an almost pained smile on Alastors face. You glare at him and waddle on your knees over to where he is perched on the bed, and pull him into a warm hug. 

“Don’t make that face.” You mutter in his ear. He wraps his arms around your waist and hugs you back. You both sit there for a moment, then the door to the room opens. 

“Oh, I’m sorry! Should I come back later?” You hear Charlies voice chirp from behind Alastor. You both snap back and your face burns. 

“No my dear!  You're quite alright!” Alastor says. “What do you need?” Alastor plasters his famous smile on his face and waits patiently for her reply. 

“Oh uhm, well it’s Christmas eve… I found a tree.” She says weakly. “I could use some help setting it up?” Alastor nods and gets up. 

“Say no more.” Alastor turns back to the bed and looks at you. “Can you walk?” He asks. You swing your legs over the side of the bed and put pressure on both feet. You quickly retract your feet back onto the bed as pain shoots up your leg and hiss quietly. 

“No.” You mutter quietly. You go to slide back into the sheets, but you feel two strong arms slide under you gently. 

“Then I guess I’ll have to carry you.” Alastor says lifting you up with ease. You fling your broken arm over his shoulder and clutch at his shirt. “Lets go Charlie!” Alastor chirps. You all then head out into the hallway and down the stairs. 

“Hey guys! I got Alastor to help set up the tree!” When you finally can see the lobby, you spot Vaggie trying desperately to drag the tree to a small stand in the corner of the room while Angel laughs. You can see Nifty sitting on the couch, next to someone you’ve never seen before. He looked like a cat with red wings and a red tail. 

“Why hello there husk!” Alastor chirps heading over to the couch. 

“You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me.” Husk groans. He puts his head in one hand and grasps a bottle of booze in the other. 

“Nope! What brings you here?” Alastor chimes setting you down gently next to Nifty. 

“Charlie asked me to.” He growls. Alastor flashes a smile at you and then heads over to where Vaggie was struggling with the tree. 

“Let me help.” He says. He then proceeds to grab the tree with one hand, hoist it up and grab it with the other. Vaggie glares at him as he strolls carelessly over to the stand and sets it up. “I must say, I’ve never done this before.” Alastor laughs. Charlie bounces up next to him. 

“Neither have I!” She bubbles. “I thought it would be a good thing to do for redemption!” She dashes out of sight and comes back with a small box, and two wooden crutches. “Here!” Charlie hands you the crutches and you smile at her. She then sets down the box on the coffee table and opens it up. You put the crutches under your arms and stand up, patting Niftys head in the process. 

“Are those christmas lights?” You ask, looking in the box. There were little red and green bulbs all tangled up in the box. 

“Yeh! It took a lot of work to find them!” Charlie laughs and pulls the mess out of the box. Her smile wavers as she looks at the mass in her hands.