Waitressing

^
I just love this pic |
7:00 am

5 months after arrival

In the few.. Months? You had lost count, you found out that you were in hell, and gotten a small one bed one bath apartment, only three blocks away from the small bar and grill that you worked at. You were paid next to nothing, and your home had a small foldable couch instead of a bed, but you were surviving. That odd sensation in your fingers hadn't disappeared, if anything it had gotten worse. All people were able to tell you about it is that it meant you had abilities. Powers may be it. You roll off the small couch, and walk over to your little dresser where you kept your three outfits, counting your waitress skirt. You slip it on, and your name tag letting people know you weren't going to kill them on sight. That was another thing you learned about in your time here. The Radio Demon. The most powerful being in hell, feared by all, destroyer of souls. You just so happened to look a good amount like him, you had even considered bleaching your hair to avoid mixups. You sigh, you wanted to try and get a little walk in before going to work. It was nice to get out and exercise every now and then.

You step outside and take in a warm breath of air. It was actually relatively cool in hell today, it was a welcome change to the blistering heat you were getting so used to. You start the short walk to work, taking your time to look at the graffiti at the walls. Then you realized what day it was. Thursday. While people who were still living thursday was no big deal, down here in hell it meant you got where you were going fast, because that's when the infamous Radio Demon did his weekly runs of killings. From what you had heard it had something to do with the day his show did star hostings. It was a 'special' memorial to him. You speed your walk up slightly, seeing people ducking in and out of buildings. It was still relatively early in the day, you most likely didn't need to worry until about nine.

Finally at work, you slip behind the already crowded bar. Getting a job working in a bar was one sure way to make a good amount of money, seeing as they were crowded twenty four hours a day. It also helped that you were a little more busty than most normal women, so you usually get better tips, and some rude cat calls.

(Tiny time skip because I'm making this up as i gooo)

You were getting tired of the drunken flirts, so you decide to take your break a little early. You had a headache and the odd feeling in your fingers was especially bad today. You head out the back door, there was a large plaza with one of the only non-dead trees in hell there that you liked to sit under on nice days like this. You start your stroll, thinking you would be left alone there considering it was dumb to be outside right now, when you see a large crowd in the plaza.

"What's going on?" You ask as you walk up to join the group of demons.

"Rumor has it" says a small white cat demon, "The Radio Demon doesn't know about this little plaza here, seeing as he's never attacked it before."

"So what, is this like a little safety gathering?" You say sarcastically. "Were like sitting ducks here man. Bait." The small grin that had been spreading across their face fades, quickly replaced by fear, then realization as the clock struck eleven. The warm air goes cold and still, then all at once all hell breaks loose. (No pun intended.) Black tentacle like appendages appear, and screams fill the air. Demons all around are grabbed. Some get ripped in half, others thrown with such a force you can't help but flinch when they hit walls with a sickening splat. All that's going through your head is to move, to run, to do anything but stand here rooted, but your legs won't move. Your fingers go from buzzing to screaming, and the headache builds. Finally, with people scattering and bodys spread around, The Radio Demon spots you, standing stalk still, face more pale than ever. He cocks his head slightly to the side, his sadistic smile spreading across his face in curiosity. He steps over a few bodies, slinking towards you.

You swallow the urge to scream as he gets a mere five feet from you. This was your chance, you could finally find out why people thought you looked so alike. You take a good look at him, knowing very well that it could be your last. His smile was wide, too wide. His eyes while shining were still in a way dull and lifeless. (If something can look more lifeless than it already does in hell) He was very tall and thin, maybe a whole head taller than you. You take a small rugged gasp and will, beg your feet to move.

"Why aren't you running?" He asks, looking at you strangely. "Why don't you flee little copycat?" You swallow hard, tears fighting and pulling at the back of your eyes.

"I-I" You stutter. Finally your knees give out and you sink to the ground.

"Bowing isn't necessary darling~" He sneers, now right by your ear. "But it's a good start." He hisses at you. Then you feel a sudden calm washes over you. The buzzing dies down, the headache calms. You slump even more, feeling that he was finally gone. You take a very greatful breath and stand a weak stance, slightly hunched, and head back to work just wanting to get back inside.

(A/N) so, I wrote ahead on these two chapters, so they are going on the same day with the first one being so short. But that aside, how often should I be posting? Right now I'm thinking once a week, please give your opinions!

(1026 words)