Chapter 39;

Holly's POV

Numb was all I felt. I didn't remember Harry getting dressed, or grabbing his keys, I didn't remember him walking me to his car, or him driving me here. I just remember those words Sophia had spoken over the phone.

When I walked into the waiting room Sophia was already sat there.

"What's happening? What's going on?"

"I.. I don't know."

"You don't know? How can you not know!?"

She swallows. "I haven't been told anything, I have no information."

I stopped the doctor that walked out of my mothers room.

"Holly McIntyre, her eldest daughter. I need to know everything."

Harry sat down a few seats from Sophia, I joined him as the doctor walked over with his clipboard. Harry took my hand in his.

"Your mother was in a collision. She has two broken ribs, a broken wrist and concussion. She's very lucky, her car however is not."

"So she'll be okay?" I ask.

"Yes. Nothing fatal, all scans on her brain and internal organs came back okay. Once the pain killers wear off she'll wake up and be in pain, she'll be in here for four days depending on how she recovers."

I breathe a sigh of relief. She's going to be okay.

I squeeze Harry's hand, he gives me a smile and a kiss to the cheek. It mustn't be easy listening to this, he must be having flashbacks of when Natalie was here, but there was a different outcome for her..

"Have they caught the idiot who drove into her?"

The doctor shakes his head. "There was no other car."

I frown. "What?"

"From the tests, your mother had a high volume of alcohol in her blood stream."

"She was drunk." I whisper to myself. I saw Sophia crying silently, I wanted to comfort her but, I didn't know how.

"The police will be here to talk to her once she wakes up. She drove into a tree only endangering her own life, but it could have been very different had she drove into someone else."

I swallow. "Oh my god," I whisper, my words failing.

"I'm sorry," The doctor doesn't say anything else.

We sat for around three hours waiting, I was getting fed up, my mind thinking over time.

Why was she drunk?

"I'm going to get a drink babe, want anything?" Harry kisses me.

"Tea please."

He smiles, leaving both me and Sophia in silence.

"You two are pretty loved up."

I swallow. "Yeah,"

"Is he treating you right?"

"Yes."

"Holly look, what happened between us-"

"I'm not really here to hear you talk about how you shagged my boyfriend. I'm here for mum, nothing and no one else. Clear?"

She gave me a small nod. "Crystal."

- - - -

Eventually Harry drove us home, it must have been around two in the morning but I wasn't too sure.

When Harry pulled into his house I didn't even ask questions, I simply followed him upstairs and got into bed.

"Thank you for coming tonight, it mustn't have been easy.."

"It's not about me, Hol." He pulled me into him, his arms safely around me.

I smiled at the security. "I know, but thank you."

I raised my head, resting it just above his collar bone. He kissed my lips softly before telling me to go to sleep, and that is exactly what I did.