Chapter 36;

Holly's POV

On Wednesday I walked into my office to be welcomed by roses sat on my desk. I smiled instantly walking over to them, I dropped my files on the free desk space I had and kicked my handbag under the table and took the subtle note from out a leaf where it was wedged.

Can't wait for our date tonight, booked us a real posh place.. can't wait to see you. H x

I smiled sniffing the roses, I never knew why people did that in movies, they don't actually smell that great. I counted the roses to find he'd sent me twelve; a true romantic.

Me: thanks for the roses, can't stop smiling. aren't you at work? X

Harry: you're very welcome. yes in meetings on the second floor all day. it sucks. x

Me: okay, see you tonight..have fun x

Harry: can't wait .x

I smiled looking up at my flowers again, I placed them at the end of my desk so I could actually have a desk again.

I logged into my computer waiting for emails to load, it was the same old, same old.

I clicked on a familiar name;

Chelsea Morgan.

Hi Holly,

Just a quick email to say hi and pregnancy is going well. Here is my twelve week scan:

Attached was a photo of a scan, it was heart warming to see a little dot.

Not finding out whether it's a girl or a boy, want the surprise! The father and I have worked it out and we're back together.

Hope you're well,

Chelsea x

I smiled glad everything was going well for her, she was a nice girl - easy - but a nice girl.

- - - -

I was ready for six, my heart pounding ever so slightly, I don't know why I was nervous, I just was. I guess doing this step by step thing with Harry was all I really wanted and I was anxious to mess it up.

I sprayed some perfume on, and checked my outfit. I'd straightened my hair so it was flowing like silk down my back. I'd bought a cream dress and paired it with cream heels, they weren't my type of heels but I wanted to impress Harry. I also fished out my old clutch bag, it was huge but I loved it.

Harry knocked, six times.

"Must you still do that? I thought you only did that when we hated each other?"

"Don't you find it endearing?" He smirked.

I grab my jacket,"No. I don't."

He handed me a single rose. "For you,"

I smile kissing his cheek taking the rose and quickly putting it in the vase with my other roses from this morning that were now on my kitchen counter.

"You look very beautiful by the way. Breathtaking even." He complimented as his arms were around my waist holding my against the counter.

My arms were around his neck playing with little curls at the back of his head. "And you look very handsome,"

He pulled me close to him kissing my lips ever so softly, it was almost a teasing kiss.

"It's our first date, remember?" I raise an eyebrow as he leans in again.

He smirks. "We can bend some rules." He mutters our lips touching as he kisses them again before taking my hand. "Our restaurant awaits.."

- - - -

Harry had done good, this place was posh. Four course meals and all. I was on my second and starting to feel a little full.

"..So this Friday some guys are coming to watch from Sony?" I ask sipping my wine.

Harry nods, he looked delicious. His shirt top button undone, his blazer beside him on the seat. His eyes had never looked so green.

"Yeah, I don't know it they'll like me but if they do.."

"You'll become some huge superstar with nine cars and a beach house in Miami?" I smirk.

"Um,no."

"What if you do become famous Harry, like really famous?"

"I don't think I will, I can't imagine a huge music production company actually being that interested in me."

I roll my eyes. "Of course they would be Harry! You're gorgeous, you're talented and.. you'll make it."

"I don't want to get ahead of myself."

"Just promise when you're this huge star with women falling at your feet you won't forget me?"

His hand reached over and took mine, he softly rubbed over my knuckles with his thumb. I'd never realised how big hands were, or how square his nails were. "That won't happen."

"Promise?"

He squeezes my hand. "Promise."

I smile as he kisses my knuckles. "Besides, when I'm rich and famous I'll need someone to spoil." He winks.

Way to ruin it Harry. I smiled, he wouldn't be Harry if he didn't have some crude comment.

- - - -

Once we finished dinner Harry took me back home. We stood on my doorstep and I felt sixteen again.

"Have you enjoyed tonight?" Harry smiles.

"It's been.. mediocre." I tease.

"Holly McIntyre you wound me."

We both laugh.

"I really enjoyed myself Harry, thank you."

"My pleasure."

We both smile at each other, we both knew what our smiles meant.

"Can we have another date?"

I nod. "Yes."

"I don't think I want another date with you.."

I frown. "What?"

"..If you're not my girlfriend."

My heart flutters, my cheeks flush. "Are you asking me to be your girlfriend Harry Styles?"

"I believe I am."

I roll my eyes at his wording. Can't he ever just simply say yes?

"Oh there's the eye roll." He laughs kissing my nose.

I laugh shaking my head. "I'd love to be your girlfriend."

He steps towards me, arms around my waist, mine around his neck and just like I said, we had a traditional kiss on my doorstep.

_____________

Quick A/N,

Would you guys like a sequel or no? It won't be over just yet just thinking..