Chapter 9

In the last few months, Deckard called sometimes to see how I was doing. But in the past 2 weeks, he hasn't called because he was captured by the police. So I was now officially alone and had nothing in this world. I couldn't go back to my family because they wouldn't take me back and Luke hasn't gotten in contact with me.

I was in my garage working on my 86 Ford RS200. I have had myself couped up in the garage ever since I found out Deckard got arrested. I visited him last week and he was glad to see me but it was only for 10 minutes.

The house was quiet so I had music playing in the garage while I worked on my cars. I had Stormzy Lessons blasting in the garage.

I knew a woman more wonderful than a Disney one
I lost my heart, I just wondered if you could give me one
I hit you back, you know, lately, I've had some busy ones
I been getting this money just on my Lizzy ones
And now we're acting like children, it's so pathetic
I was trying to reach out for ages, I need my credit
There's a couple lines in our script I think we should edit
Why you gotta bitch all the time? Just read my message
Shit, fucking hell, I'm such a handful

I was installing a new transmission into the vehicle to be fully done and have a ride to drive around.

You taught me love (You taught me, love)
Oh, what a gift (Oh, what a gift)
I know that it's hard (I know that it's hard)
Too hard to forgive
And to be honest, if I were you
I'd be the same way
To be honest, if I were you
Then I'd be unforgiving, too

But what I didn't notice was two people walked into the garage and were watching me. When I lifted my head I saw a man with sunglasses and a nice suit and Luke. I put down my tools and walked over to my phone and turned down my music.

"Hi Mrs. Shaw," The mystery man said and I nodded but didn't say anything. "Nicole, we want to talk," Luke said but I scoffed. "After you guys put my husband in prison. I have nothing left other than cars." I said and I saw Luke's face soften. "Listen, Mrs. Shaw, we are gravely sorry about your husband. I want to offer you a job with me and you would be my bodyguard." The man said and I laughed. "I'm sorry but no. Can we talk later I'm completely knackered." I said walking past the two men to the exit of the garage but Luke stopped me.

"Niki, if you deny this then you'll be arrested," Luke said and I stopped. I turned to him and shrugged. "I got nothing left so why not you do it, brother. Already pushed me away and don't visit so why not put your sister in prison as you did with our father." I said holding out my wrist.

No one said anything so I just scoffed and walked back over to the car and shut the hood. I grabbed the keys and got into it and started it.

I floored it and left the house and just realized that I was now wanted.