Chapter 21:The Bottom Line

A/N this is the last chapter, and I feel so changed though writing this book and hopefully have done the same to you guys. So, here it is, Kats last word on the matter:

Kats POV

I lived in a hospital, I died in a castle. Thats what my funeral goers all wept when my body was cremated. 6 days after my cancer spread to my spine and killed me as I walked down the aisle, I watched my funeral: I was there, leaning against the doorway with my black curls bobbing about my shoulders, but nobody noticed. They only had eyes for the lifeless me that they had kept all dressed up for a wedding. My hair and makeup where the same but they'd died my beautiful wedding dress as black as my hair. Allie came, Tom didn't. He was busy sorting out Jamie's adoption papers. He gave away my baby, that I had refused the better half of my treatment for, that I had died for, he just gave her to Mr and Mrs Harrisone; I'm sure they are very nice people but I doubted Tom cared either way. When I died on that aisle, my heart had stopped before I had even hit the floor. I suppose somebody up here didn't want me to marry him.

I know about Tom and Amelia. They are as dead to me as I am to them. Yes, after I had been pronounced dead by Dr. Munroe (sobbing over my body).

I followed Tom (expecting him to be racked with guilt) as he rushed straight back to Allies and kissed her so enthusiastically that I almost felt pity for her. Almost. Instead I wanted to rip them apart and then kill them both violently with a rusty spoon. I have followed Tom around since I had died, watching him demand a paternity test, then adoption (the parenity test said she was his, obviously!)

But he couldn't accept that so he gave her away to the first person that asked. Jamie has turned into Libby Nicola Harrisone, she lives in Philadelphia now and is 6 years of age. She had long curly black hair and baby blue eyes. I watched as she sat up, crawled, stood, walked and as she lisped "mama" and "dada" to the Harrisone's. That broke my dead heart. When I was pregnant I had always imagined her calling me "mama". But I died and Tom gave her away so it never panned out quite like I had imagined it.

Jamie (as she will always be Jamie to me) is an intelligent young girl that can throw the most amazing tantrums, especially when Mr. Harrisone doesn't give her what she wants. She doesn't know about me, and I doubt she ever will.

My name is Katerina Bishop. I was a cancer patient at Seattle Grace hospital and died, age 16, at Moorcroft Castle on the 17th of September. I was buried at the same castle on the 23rd September. This was my story, I never said it was a happy one, but it was mine, mine and my daughter Jamie's. If you ever see a little girl with curly black hair and wicked blue eyes thats as pale as a sheet, please, tell her that her mom loves her.

This is my story all about me and my Jamie and The Way We Almost Weren't.

*THE END*

A/N if you want me to write a sequel to the way we almost weren't from Jamie's/Libby's POV then please comment, do the same if you want me to just write a new book but I need ideas. Out of curiosity if you cried at any time during this book then please vote, I am really curious! So here it is, I finished it and thanks to all the people that read it-may your lives never be as hard as Kat's! Comment please on your thoughts as I love reading what people think.

Love ya's

Mollie

Xxxxx

SEQUEL NOW ONLINE! THE WAY I WAS. If you enjoyed this please give it a read, it's about Jamie's life and wether she finds out about Kat, Tom an Allie.