Chapter 15: the history

A/N This chapter doesnt have a POV as it is just showing a bit more of Tom's and Amelias background.

Tom and Amelia had both regestered into The Holy Rosary elementary school on the 16th October 1998 and had instantly became best friends...

"Hello, I'm Amelia. But I like to be called Allie because Amelia is so horrible and it takes so long to say and it doesnt suit me in the slightest" Allie stopped to take a breath "Don't ya think?" She smiled her toothiest smile at the amused 3 year old on the mat. He had a tan after spending a week with his mum in Barbados (a clever ruse so that he didn't think about his Dad leaving them). He had the biggest eyes you'll ever see on a 3 year old and was wearing a blue jomp-suit and was looking at the girl that knew so many big words in awe,

"I'm Tom and I'm thwee" he said with a slight lisp, looking at the jigsaw-mat. His light brown curls bouncing around his chin, blood colouring his cheeks.

"Ha!" Allie laughed "I'm 'thwee' too" she mimicked. "Don't worry... I'll teach ya how to talk all fancy like!"

---------------------------------------7 years later ---------------------------

"Happy birthday Allie!!" Tom screamed, louder than all the others as Allie blew out the candles on her 10th birthday cake. She turned around and grinned at him, her party hat falling slightly to the side as her brown hair danced aound her waist. Tom gave her the thumbs up and she threw her head back and declared "I AM ALLIE PARTRIDGE, AND NOW THAT I AM TEN YOU WILL ALL BOW DOWN TO ME!!!" she screamed, then giggled, which ruined the effect of the evil shout. She looked at him and for a moment they just looked into each others eyes, blue and brown blending into one person, one being.

Then Allie blinked and looked down, embarrassed. Tom just laughed and ran over to her, grabbed her hand and pull her into the garden.

"Tom?" Allie asked as they swung in opposite directions to each other (forming an X)

"What?" Tom asked with a flash of perfectly white teeth. Allie thought for a moment and then grinned back .

"Race ya back to the kitchen!" she screamed as she jumped off of the swing while it was in mid-air and racing off.

"All!!" Tom complained as he struggled to get off the swing. "Allie!!" laughing he chased after her long flowing hair.

--------------------a few months later---------------------------------

"Tom!" the familiar voice shouted. Tom turned from his soccer match to see Allie, hair cut around her face now, heading towards her, she was dragging someone to him...

"Tom! This is Kat!" she said with a 'tah dah' gesture with her arms. At the end of her arms was a girl paler than any Tom had ever seen, her black her floating down her back in brisk straight stands just emphasised the paleness of her face. Her green eyes shocked him as she looked up with such kindness. She was tiny. At his 5'6" he was tall for his age but she was tiny even compared to Allie at 4'11.

"Hello, I'm Katerina, but I get Kat... It suits me more don't ya think?" Tom and Allie looked over at each other for a brief moment, remembering. Then they burst out laughing.

"Any good at soccer?' Tom asked with a grin.

"I'll run rings around you any day!" laughed Kat and Allie watched as they ran onto the field holding hands.

---------------------------------------junior year-----------------------------------------

Allie watched as Kat leaned against her locker as Tom kissed her neck. She was giggling as he whispered into her ear, 'something funny?' Allie thought as she watched them together. The bell rang, signalling the next class. Allie fought tears as she watched her biggest crush and her best friend kiss passionately, her arms wrapping around his neck as she pressed herself into his body. Tom then turned and turned down the corridor but Kat grabbed his hand and pulled him back, kissing him once, twice, three times before laughing and letting him go. As Kat ran into calculus and Tom to Phys Ed, Allie slid down the wall she was leaning on and allowed herself to cry for a few minutes, then the second bell rang and she gathered herself together before heading after Kat into calculus. As she took her seat next to her best friend Kat turned and seemed shocked Allie was there. "Where've you been?!" Kat asked half-laughing half-concerned for her friends well-being. "oh, nowhere..." Allie said, tears brimming.