Chapter 6: She opened her eyes.

Kats POV.

"Amelia..." I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw her wide eyes open exposing a worried pupil searching for the eyes, the face, she wanted most at that moment. Not the stranger whose cold eyes she met. Not the Paramedics. Mine. But I didn't have the energy to take the necessary 15 steps needed to then kneel by her side and hold her hand. So instead buried by face into Tom's chest and once his arms where securely around my waist I let my body and mind protect itself from the hazards of having too much stress in one day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes i had the feeling that i had been asleep for a long time. "Kat" I heard a cold voice at the foot of the bed. It wasn't my bed. That much I knew and as I propped my head up and seen a doctor at the end of my bed I knew - I was in hospital.

"Yes?" I said, why was I here? Amelia was the one who had nearly died, I had just fell asleep, or fainted, one of the two anyway.

"I am Dr. Munroe, Amelia's doctor, you where brought in when Thomas said that you and Amelia had the same blood type but he was unsure what it was. Can I confirm that your blood type is in fact A-?" It was but I hated needles, and I knew that to do this I would need a BIG needle taking a load of blood form my body and pumping it into Amelia's..  Amelia. I could do this.

"Yes, it is. How is Amelia?" I asked, getting concerned about how little I knew about my friends welfare. I wanted details that the doctor probably didn't know herself, things that Amelia would have to tell me. I didn't even get the medical jargon that i was preparing to de-code.

"She's awake and stable. Is there a history of blood-disease in your family, anemia, hemophilla, that kind of thing?" she asked with raised eye-brows, expecting me not to know.

"Yes, my Dad died of Hepatitis C when I was 10." I didn't really remember but I knew that that was what he died of. "So did my Grandad" I tagged on as an after-thought. I didn't know him at all.

"We'll get you tested for blood-diseases then before we give Amelia the transfusions" I was relieved to be honest. I needed to get tested because of the baby anyway, 1 less needle if they get tested now, I suppose.

"I'll be back in a moment to take a sample" and with that the blond doctor fled the room with a flick of her lab coat. She was pretty I thought as I sliped back into unconsiousness.