Chapter 11: Lukiemia

Kats POV

Leukemia. The word burned like poison through my brain. Tarnishing every memory, relishing in the heart-ache. I cringed away from the pain, the irrational guilt that was currently crushing my very soul . My fault. I had gotten pregnant, that was my fault. I had rejected Toms proposal, that was my fault too. For the past 6 months my life had been nothing but mistake after careless mistake... but no more. Now I had to grow up and try to live, to battle the disease that is currently running through my veins, I needed to see a doctor, to hear my options opened up for me. With that I had a quick wipe of my eyes, symbolizing the end of the weak little girl that I was 10 minutes ago, and the rise of a new fiery woman who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. I envisioned myself like a phoenix, rising from the flames that had once imprisoned me. I felt free.

I pressed the little red button that caused a doctor to rush through the curtains.

"What's the problem Katerina?" Dr. Munroe soothed, coming and kneeling next to the bed. "Where's your mom gone, eh?" She asked, her forehead developing a little crease in the middle of her eyebrows as she looked around the room.

"She couldn't handle the stress, it's what she does. She sees a problem and she runs from it." I sighed, but I didn't need her now. I was Katerina Bishop, I didn't need any one.

"What are my options, what can I do to survive this thing?" I asked, heart momentarily stopping while she shook her head.

"Kat, hun, you shouldn't have to ask questions like this, that's a mom's job! Are you sure you don't want me to contact her?"

"NO! I mean, no. If she wanted to be here she would have stayed, she didn't. So, what are my options, what do you advise I do?"

"Well, first off is there anything that would prevent us doing any types of testing we decide on?" She asked pointedly, eyes glued to my stomach.

"I'm pregnant, I don't know how far along, but I'm guessing quite far since I have a rather developed bump."

"When did you find out you where pregnant?" she asked, looking at my defined torso.

"3, 4 days ago?" I asked, I knew this was true but with all the fainting it seemed like months ago.

"You didn't suspect? Your bump is rathe.."

"I thought it was a food baby or I was putting on weight, but when I don't get my regular period, never have, but after 7 months, Amelia made me take a test... How is Amelia?"

"She's stable, we gave her generic 0- blood and she seems to be doing okay with it, we'll get you tested and see how far along you are, then we can discuss your options in detail. Okay? Kat? Katerina?"

I wasn't listening, Tom had just walked in the room.