Chapter Six

Heya guys here's the next chapter of the story. Really hope you like it. This is a short story so there's only a few more chapters left. Leave me your feedback.

Niall's Pov:

"I miss you too mum. How's everything back home?" I asked as I sat in the back of the car heading to the interview we were going to do. I decided to call my mum when I couldn't sleep in the car. Normally I'd travel with Zayn and he'd let me sleep on him, But he's not here.

"Everythings good. People ask how you are everyday. Your father has bags upon bags on fan letters that were sent for you" She informed me. I chuckled. "When are you coming to visit us all?" She asked. 

"Soon I hope. The tours starting up again soon so I'll try and get over before then" I replied.

"Will Zayn be coming too? How are the both of you?" She questioned. 

"If something dosen't come up I'm sure he'd love to come with me. Were really good yeah things are great" I lied. Out of all the people in this world I hate lying to my mum the most. I was thankful this conversation was happening over the phone. If we were face to face she'd be able to tell I was lying. "Mum I have to go. Tell everyone I said hello and I'll call you when I can" I said.

"Ok sweetheart. Take care I love you" She stated. 

"I love you too" I replied before hanging up the phone. I inhaled deeply before locking my phone and looking out the window. 

I arrived at the studio for the interview and headed straight in the backdoor. I couldn't wait to see Zayn. I hadn't seen him in days. He promised he'd be home but as usual he didn't keep that promise. I followed the security all the way into the backstage rooms. When I walked in I was greeted by the sound of the normal commotion. Louis was singing a random song at the top of his lungs. Harry was eating and Liam was reminding Louis whatever he broke we'd have to pay for. 

"Nialler!" Harry stated when he looked up to see me stood there. I smiled and pulled Harry into a hug when he approached me. 

"Alright Haz" I said. "You alright Li?" I asked when I pulled away from Harry. Liam nodded his head then pulled me into a hug. "Where's Zi?" I questioned.

"He's not here yet" Liam informed me. Typical. "You alright Ni? You look paler than usual" Liam commented. 

"Em yeah. I had a phonecall to make and signal was shit in here so had to stand outside" I lied. Liam nodded his head believing me straight away. Fifteen minutes passed before the door was opened again and Zayn walked in.

"Finally! You actually decided to turn up then" Louis teased, Zayn chuckled.

"Piss off man traffic was a nightmare" Zayn replied while pulling off his jacket. He gave all the lads a quick hug before making his way over to me. "Hello beautiful" Zayn stated while pulling me into a tight hug. I sighed deeply and hugged him back. "I'm sorry about the other night" He whispered into my ear. I shook my head. 

"Don't worry about it" I replied, Zayn smiled and kissed my lips quickly. 

"Lads after the interview I need to talk to all of you about something" Zayn said, I raised my eyebrow. What did he need to talk to us about?

I was distracted during the whole interview. I kept going over thoughts inside my head. Why did he need to talk to us? Why couldn't he tell us what the news was before the interview? I faked a smile and laughed at just the right times whenever the interviewer looked at me. I kept glancing over at Zayn and when he caught my stare he smiled warmly at me. I knew Zayn better than anybody. I could see in his eyes that the news he had was big. Did I really want to hear this news? Once the interview was over I practically dragged the lads back to the changing room. We all sat down on the couch. 

"So what's the news?" I asked, Zayn grabbed a chair and placed it infront of us before sitting down. 

"Well. You guys know I went to see management the other day" We all nodded our heads. "We had a long talk about everything with me and Perrie. We've all agreed that we've gone as far as we can go" I felt as though my heart had been set free from the cage it's been trapped in. It was over. It was finally over. "They've agreed it's best we plant the seeds for a breakup but it's got to be a massive one" 

"So they'll be releasing another cheating scandal?" Louis asked. 

"Didn't exactly do much good last time" Liam commented. 

"No. No it's not a cheating scandal. What they wanna do is grab everyones attention. Get people to talk about me and her. They want us to announce were engaged" Zayn revealed. My heart just crashed onto the floor shattering as if made of glass. All eyes were on me. 

"Engagement?" I chocked out. Zayn slowly nodded his head. 

"Your joking right?" Harry asked, Zayn shook his head. 

"They say it's the best way to grab everyones attention. Everybody will be talking about the big engagement. Rumours will spread about plans we've made. This way while were touring rumours can still spread without either of us having to comment" I rolled my eyes. "We'll be fake engaged for a year. During the tour rumours will fly around about us struggling to be apart. Then the engagement will be called off" Zayn explained. A year? Another fucking year! Only this time it'll be worse because it's a bloody engagement! Something inside me snapped. "Ni? Ni you alright?" Zayn asked, I glared straight at him. 

"Alright? Am I alright? No I'm fucking not alright!" I shot to my feet. "Engagement! A bloody engagement Zayn are you kidding me!" I screamed. 

"Ni it's for the benefit of attention" Zayn exclaimed.

"I couldn't care less! This is fucking ridiculous! You've been apart of this publicity stunt for longer than you said you'd be and guess what Zayn it's not fucking working!" 

"Niall calm down" Louis said. 

"Don't tell him to calm down. Niall has every right to be pissed off about this" Harry replied. 

"You said a few months. A few months Zayn! You promised me it wouldn't drag on. Did you keep that promise? No you didn't!" I yelled. 

"Niall please just calm down" Zayn pleaded. He moved to touch me but I shoved him away. Everyones eyes were on me. 

"Don't touch me! Don't you dare touch me! You lied! You lied to me!" Tears began filling my eyes. "You lied to me Zayn" I chocked out before quickly running from the room. I ran as fast as my feet would allow. I ran all the way outside and into the car that would be driving me back home. Tears were falling from my eyes and I couldn't stop them. 

"Home Mr Horan?" The driver asked. I nodded my head. How could he do this to me? How could he agree to this?.