Ch. 25 See You at the Showdown

JUST A WARNING, THIS IS A LONGASS CHAPTER. So be prepared :)

btw this chapter isn't rated R.. there are no graphic scenes in this

Ch. 25

See You at the Showdown

Justin Bieber

Prom.

Perhaps the most iconic dance of secondary school; the one night practically every student looks forward to throughout their four year-career - girls, for the fairytale excuse to go all-out and spend hundreds on blowout hair, dramatic makeup, and enormous dresses; guys, for the promise of what the after-party would bring, and the exceptionally more willing mood their girl would be in for it.

I smiled to myself, adjusting my tie in the mirror and taking in the image that was reflected. A white oxford dress shirt adorned my chest, the sleeves currently rolled up around my elbows as black pants clad my legs and the tuxedo coat Scooter had given me hung over my closet, waiting for me to shrug it on. My styling team had insisted on flying into Stratford to work my hair into a perfectly-tousled-almost-could-be-sex-hair-but-is-actually-too-nice-to-be-sex-hair style, my face glowing beneath the fringe from genuine happiness. As much shit that still existed in my life, tonight was all about being with my girl and letting go of the drama for a few hours.

...Sort of. As sick of the drama as I was, that didn’t make the craving for revenge any less dominant.

And trust me. Revenge was precisely what I had in mind.

At the beginning of the year when I’d first started dating Aubrey, she’d jabbered nonstop about prom and how amazing it was going to be, and quite frankly I’d expected it to be an overall trashy night filled with slutty antics and an overdose of Aubrey’s usual whining. I’d imagined we’d be going together just like everyone would expect, and half the things I’d do at the dance would be forced and exasperated, because the real thing I’d be looking forward to was the sleazy after party.

But now...everything was different.

I was going with a girl I was in love with - something I’d never experienced before and could never have guessed would have happened - and I was actually genuinely looking forward to the night.

“Yo, Bieber!” Ryan Butler’s voice called from downstairs.

“What’s up?” I called back, running my hand one last time through my hair and grabbing my tuxedo coat from off the closet. 

“I got Chaz, we’re here!”

Grabbing my wallet off of my bedside cabinet and shoving it into my pocket, I turned and hurried out through my bedroom door, turning down the hallway and heading towards the staircase.

Ryan and Chaz were both waiting for me at the bottom, decked out in classy tuxes and sporting remarkably contrasting facial expressions - Ryan looked thrilled, a beam on his face and his appearance very calm, clean, and composed. Chaz, on the other hand, appeared extremely uncomfortably, his hands jammed into his pockets as he chewed on his bottom lip sullenly. His hair had been gelled over, looking as if someone had taken a comb and shoved it repeatedly across so that there were visible lines across his head.

I fought back a snicker, smirking as I gave him the once-over. 

“Natasha’s going to rip my dick off.” He stated loudly, his voice ringing obnoxiously across the foyer as he glared at me.

Chaz!” My mom’s voice called reproachfully, her petite figure appearing in the kitchen doorway as she placed her hands on her hips and stared at him.